ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
I didn't realize that the cars would actually be listed as Mustang Shelby on the title. I think that's pretty cool. I did a little research and found out that all the Shelbys since 2007 have been listed the same way. I had no idea. :shrug:
Sponsored

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
A friend of mine had an older cobra and has a certificate from SVT. Is that something we should see on these cars? I realize SVT and Shelby are different but didn't know if anyone had received anything like this.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
A friend of mine had an older cobra and has a certificate from SVT. Is that something we should see on these cars? I realize SVT and Shelby are different but didn't know if anyone had received anything like this.
There may be a Certificate of Authenticity or some similar document included in an owners kit announced in the future like the Boss did.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Depends on if you are talking about the title issued from your respective state motor vehicle department, or something from ford

The title from your motor vehicle department will vary by state. Some have the programming to list it as a particular type of vehicle, others less about the make/model.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
I got a Certificate of Origin For A Vehicle from Ford to my Dealer. Then my dealer signed that over to me on the backside.
Is this what you guys are talking about? It does say "Mustang Shelby Coupe" "Shipping Weight" 3512 lbs.

:ford:

Sponsored

partyelmarty

What's it trap?
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Magnetic Metallic
Well, it is a Mustang. There hasn't been actual Shelby cars for awhile. GT500s were produced at a Ford plant, same with the new GT350. It's not like the old days with the 65 & 66 GT350s that started as a body from Ford, then were fully built in Shelby's plant. Everything is in house with Ford. They have the rights to use the Shelby name, but IMO, it's not a Shelby.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Well, it is a Mustang. There hasn't been actual Shelby cars for awhile. GT500s were produced at a Ford plant, same with the new GT350. It's not like the old days with the 65 & 66 GT350s that started as a body from Ford, then were fully built in Shelby's plant. Everything is in house with Ford. They have the rights to use the Shelby name, but IMO, it's not a Shelby.

Actually, there are no Mustang logos or the word Mustang anywhere on the car that I have seen. Even has the word Ford only on the front windshield, wheels, and under the hood. :thumbsup:

I not saying it's not a Mustang... it's just that the "Snake is everywhere!" ;)

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang
I got a Certificate of Origin For A Vehicle from Ford to my Dealer. Then my dealer signed that over to me on the backside.

Is this what you guys are talking about? It does say "Mustang Shelby Coupe" "Shipping Weight" 3512 lbs.

:ford:

How did you go about ordering that certificate?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
So let me understand what you are saying?

Any Shelby GT350/GT500 that was not produced at the 2 Shelby American facilities in California back in the 60's is not a real Shelby including the 1968, 1969 and 1970 models?:shrug:

:eyebulge:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
How did you go about ordering that certificate?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I assume this other person was speaking of "Certificate Of Origin For A Vehicle" that comes directly from Ford in Dearborn and is sent to the selling dealership showing them as the owner of the new car in question. Once the vehicle in question is sold to a private individual the selling dealership then typically sends off the MSO to the state DMV after which time the state DMV will issue a title in the new purchasers name.

Some people choose not to title their car and purchase their vehicle on the MSO and maybe this is what this person wants to do?

:shrug:

Sponsored

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang
Thanks, I thought it was similar to the "certificate of authenticity" you can get for a Porsche

OP
OP
ITLRUN

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
We could debate wether it's a "true" Shebly or not all day. The simple point I'm trying to make is is listed as such on the title. A friend of mine had the same debate a few weeks ago. Henry died in 1947 and my F250 is still called a Ford. :shrug:
image.jpg

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Thanks, I thought it was similar to the "certificate of authenticity" you can get for a Porsche
As was with the new generation GT500 and Boss 302 cars I suggest that Ford will issue "Certificates Of Authenticity" for all 2015/2016 GT350's confirming the build date, chassis number, VIN etc. for each GT350.

:cheers:

partyelmarty

What's it trap?
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Magnetic Metallic
I assume this other person was speaking of "Certificate Of Origin For A Vehicle" that comes directly from Ford in Dearborn and is sent to the selling dealership showing them as the owner of the new car in question. Once the vehicle in question is sold to a private individual the selling dealership then typically sends off the MSO to the state DMV after which time the state DMV will issue a title in the new purchasers name.

Some people choose not to title their car and purchase their vehicle on the MSO and maybe this is what this person wants to do?

:shrug:
Yes, exactly.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
We could debate wether it's a "true" Shebly or not all day. The simple point I'm trying to make is is listed as such on the title. A friend of mine had the same debate a few weeks ago. Henry died in 1947 and my F250 is still called a Ford. :shrug:
That, as stated before, is the manufacturer certificate of origin from Ford. He got that because he paid for the car in full and opted to be given all the paperwork for the DMV registration. When your friend turns that into the DMV to get a title from his state it likely will not carry over as MOST states only list the make/model, and not the specific sub-model

Still Cool though
Sponsored