Sponsored

linear springs on daily driver

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
I love how my BMR Performance springs handle on a daily basis! Can't go wrong with the deal Hypermotive is running today. Pick up a set of cradle lockouts while you're at it, they are a simple install with the rear springs.
Sponsored

Driversound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
ordered handling springs. do I need camber bolts? is it a must and can I reuse factory hardware? I have seen nut and bolt kits... also do I need adjustable lowers or anything?
Might as well get the camber bolts as you will have to remove those bolts anyway to install the coils. That way you will have extra camber adjustability.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
ordered handling springs. do I need camber bolts? is it a must and can I reuse factory hardware? I have seen nut and bolt kits... also do I need adjustable lowers or anything?
Either camber plates or caster-camber plates would be much better solutions if/when they become available.

Norm

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Either camber plates or caster-camber plates would be much better solutions if/when they become available.

Norm
There are two kits available already, Steeda and Maximum Motorsports.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
There are two kits available already, Steeda and Maximum Motorsports.
Good to hear. I was also hoping that Steeda had developed an S550 version of their HD upper strut mount and incorporated some camber adjustment in it like they did for the S197, but I don't see it yet.

is this a bad idea. I know that progressive is the best for street only car, but I hate to loose out on total performance. am I over thinking this?
What Kelly said.

I've swapped linear rate springs into previous cars where the rates were on the order of 60% stiffer than the stock (linear) rate springs without increasing harshness by enough to notice. Firmer or more solid-feeling, yes, but that's not the same as harsh. Harshness has kind of a "sting" about it that might make you wince, if that makes any sense.

Norm
Sponsored