Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
1980 Mustang

Blue & white with vinyl top & 255 V8. It was a slug, but it was my first and all I could afford in 1989. Wiped out by an English tourist running a red light in front of me.

1987 Mustang GT 5.0

Burgundy with t-tops. Got it at the auction with smaller aftermarket wheels. The thing was quicker than other stock 5.0's I ran against and got faster with equal length shorty headers, off-road H-pipe and full exhaust with Flowmasters. Wiped out when I went over railroad tracks without a crossing.

1990 Saleen California Edition

Think is was the "wild strawberry" color. The car was one of 50 GT models that Saleen decked out in the "California" trim with whale tale and suspension items. The car was owned by a guy that worked for Saleen and he turned it into an SSC package with Dart II heads, B303 cam, Saleen intake, Vortech w/10# boost. It came with a 6 point roll cage and FloFit seats with racing harness. I upgraded the fuel pump and injectors, then the wheels and tires. Was running 11's (11.5-11.7) at 121 and the thing drove like it was on rails handling-wise. Once had it up to 170 and felt like it had more to give, and speedo calibration calculated it closer to 175. Had the 3.27 rear so gearing had a lot of room. Dyno was 475 at the wheels. Totaled by a kid driving a 1980 Buick hitting me from behind at a stop light at about 50.

**almost forgot... the Saleen owner installed a light blackout switch that would kill everything but the fogs. Came in handy a few times! :)

2016 GTPP

Current ride with all mods in my signature. Took me 20 years to get back into a Mustang. I was bored with the design for most of the 20 years until the last few models of s197 and then the s550 drew me in. I thought some of the "new edge" cars looked good with their sharp lines, too. But very happy with getting back in to the gang.
Sponsored