Sponsored

LE Production

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
can anyone tell me what the 9th digit of the Vin # signifies. Looking at the vin#'s for the LE's it varies from car to car (0-9)

That's just a checksum. And it's actually 0-9 and x.
Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Let's hope for some good news tomorrow...not holding my breath.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let's hope for some good news tomorrow...not holding my breath.

Haha! Definitely hard to be patient. Especially not knowing if mine for built yet.

The hood news is, if the oktb is given, ours should be some of the very first shipped out.

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT
"Bill Ford gets the first one. CEO Mark Fields is near the top of the list and Joe Hinrichs, Ford president of the Americas, is also in line. Mustang engineer Dave Pericak is thrilled to learn he will get No.8.
You don't have to be a high-ranking Ford executive to get a 2015 Mustang 50-Year Limited Edition, but it helps.
"This vehicle is personal to people," said Steve Ling, North American marketing manager. "Some of the biggest fans are within the company and it is great that the leadership is so interested."
"Bill Ford gets No. 1," Ling said. "Nobody is a bigger (Mustang) fan."
Ford is only making 1,964 of the exclusive models that are based on the GT coupe and offered in Kona Blue or the original Wimbledon White of the first Mustang sold in April 1964. They have the 5-liter V8 and the performance pack with the option of a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic transmission.
There are also unique 19-inch wheels, upgraded tires and brakes, more chrome and aluminum, swaths of cashmere in the interior and anniversary logos on seat backs and rear fascia, capped off with a numbered plaque on the passenger side.
To allow more customers to celebrate Mustang's 50 years of continuous production, Ford is offering a $1,595 anniversary package on top trim levels of all but the base version. There's a corral around the grilled-mounted pony, chrome accents around the taillamps, 19-inch wheels and anniversary badging on the seats, the instrument panel and a faux gas cap on the back." -Detroit Press

--Anyone thinking these are not special now? Kinda figured Dave would get 8, after all he used the magic 8-ball to make many decisions...:lol:

Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Monday...no window sticker...and I'm about spent

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT
Monday...no window sticker...and I'm about spent
I hear ya, I was hoping to get bucked today.
My blend moved to next week (29th to Day) Friday evening. I'll check to see which blend went into production as soon as I can today. I'm not moving from the wait though, It's like the checkout at Wal-Mart, you jump to other line and then find out the person in front of you has items with no tags, then their card gets denied after swiping it 100 times, then they don't have the funds to pay for the merchandise.

oyitsagreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I hear ya, I was hoping to get bucked today.
My blend moved to next week (29th to Day) Friday evening. I'll check to see which blend went into production as soon as I can today. I'm not moving from the wait though, It's like the checkout at Wal-Mart, you jump to other line and then find out the person in front of you has items with no tags, then their card gets denied after swiping it 100 times, then they don't have the funds to pay for the merchandise.

Sorry, what is a blend? The specific type of Car they are building at the time? Like ecoboost premiums with so and so packages? Thanks!

Jalough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 F150, 22 GT500 HE on order
Does anyone know if they will assign more VINs soon? Haven't been waiting as long as some of you, only since early July....

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT
Sorry, what is a blend? The specific type of Car they are building at the time? Like ecoboost premiums with so and so packages? Thanks!
Basically a batch of cars, they have to stagger different builds together to keep the line moving. A 301A takes longer to build, so there might be 2 300A's in front of it and behind it to give the installer an extra minute. If they find out it is taking longer to install the performance package than previously planned, then they have to adjust spacing. I really kind of expected it anyhow since OKTB is looking like this week, meaning retails will get scheduled end of this week and the first builds probably next week.

Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Tubalkayne

First Time Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Steeda PP, Competition Orange,
Does anyone know if they will assign more VINs soon? Haven't been waiting as long as some of you, only since early July....
Karl Flammer Ford in Tarpon springs Florida had 3 VINS assigned last week, I'm currently forth in the hopper with I believe all orders :-)

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update.

My #275, originally scheduled to day 9/15, then pushed to 9/16, then to 9/17 was pushed to 9/29 as of Friday night.

That's actually the time frame that tricia has given me all along (end of September). So, it seems all of them got pushed 2 weeks. Mine is a retail ordered LE so that may be playing a part. If yours is stock ordered, it's possible it may not get pushed according to the little information I have.

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT
Yes, more are coming, your dealer will get it scheduled when his allocation drops. You will have to work closely with them, or give your order number, dealer code and name to "Fordservice" here via a PM and Trisha or Racheal will get back with you via PM.
Sponsored