Sponsored

Lane Keeping triggers before Lane Departure Warning

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I have the S&S package on my car with Lane Assist, which has both Lane Aid and Lane Alert. Lane Aid actively steers the car away from the land markings if the turn signal is not on. Lane Alert shakes the steering wheel if you approach the line without the turn signal.

The system can be configured so that neither, either, or both functions are on. If both are on, the way they are set up is that the car will actively try to move away from the line unless you push back against the command. After a few seconds, it stops trying. Then, if you're still moving out of your lane, the wheel will shake as a warning. This is clearly how the system is supposed to operate, as shown in the manual.
Capture.PNG

Anyone else think this is backwards? Wouldn't it make more sense to warn you that you are approaching the line before it tries to steer instead of the other way around? If you haven't caught on that you're moving out of the lane because of the steering change, the wheel shaking seems unlikely to add any additional notification.
Sponsored

Last edited:

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
I call that feature 'training wheels' for the wife or girlfriend. Otherwise, I keep it switched off.

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
No, that’s how our Pilot operates. Not sure about Ford, But Honda allows you to set the lane alert to narrow or wide. On ours I have the lane alert setting on wide and it won’t alert till you cross the fog line. If I set it to narrow it will do like what your saying. Not sure if Ford gives you that option.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zooks527

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
No, that’s how our Pilot operates. Not sure about Ford, But Honda allows you to set the lane alert to narrow or wide. On ours I have the lane alert setting on wide and it won’t alert till you cross the fog. If I set it to narrow it will do like what your saying. Not sure if Ford gives you that option.
Nope. You can set the level of intervention (how hard it moves the wheel), but not the trigger location.
Sponsored