Sponsored

Kooks Exhaust

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Hey Fellas -

Few weeks back we installed the Kooks Long Tube headers and offroad xpipe with no cats on my GT350R. Sounded ferocious, but, was a bit 'tinny' for me and extremely loud. But again, mostly the high pitched tinny sound. I kept the stock mufflers.

Yesterday we installed the Xpipe with TUNED cats. Wow. What a difference and it sounds incredible. Keeps that deeper throaty sound of the stock exhaust sans resonators.

IMO, a winning combo.

I believe I will have to update my Lund Tune but not 100% sure on that. I'll probably pull a diagnostic from it as I have a track day scheduled for Sept 02, then I'll fire it across to John and the team. See if we can tweak it a bit before next season.
Sponsored

sher-bant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I'm having the EXACT same issue with mine (no R) '17.

Kooks long tube headers, ferocious, insanely loud, too "tinny" for me. Also intake, and same tune. I'd almost rather take it all off and go back to stock, but I'm glad yore giving me info/an option.

Thanks.

OP
OP

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
I'm having the EXACT same issue with mine (no R) '17.

Kooks long tube headers, ferocious, insanely loud, too "tinny" for me. Also intake, and same tune. I'd almost rather take it all off and go back to stock, but I'm glad yore giving me info/an option.

Thanks.

Yeah, that 'tinny' sound didn't come through in the videos. I couldn't handle it at all. Not sure who could haha.

I swapped over to this: https://www.kooksheaders.com/2015-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-tuner-catted-x-pipe.html

BIG difference, imo.
Sponsored