5tang.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Hi guys,

First post, so I hope I don’t do anything wrong as far as where I post this . Anyways, the issue is this... I order a Kooks Cat Back exhaust, part number 15514401, from American Muscle. When I opened the box, the mufflers said Mustang Gt., but the intermediate pipes and H pipe said it was for the convertible.

I’ve called American Muscle three time and haven’t gotten a call back. The first rep and second rep notice that in the description, it says you have to specify coupe or vert, but the option isn’t available. I spoke to a rep from Kooks and he said it should fit, but I’m having the damnedest time because the drive side sags. Besides, it just seems off to me. When I’ve google the part number, I only find references to it being for a convertible and some sites list it as convertible only.

On a side note, I had the craziest thing happen. American Muscle may be the victim of a call forwarding scam. I called their 877 number, a prompt came up saying the number had changed. I waited, then was connected to a rep who said he worked in their rewards department. He, said the system was down, listened to my issue, and said he could send me a $100 coupon for the inconvenience. He asked for my name, address, and credit card info. When I refused to give him my credit card number he threatened to kill me and hung up. I’ve explained this to three AM reps and still no call back. I got to say, if this isn’t resolved I won’t be doing business with them any longer. I’ve had a few SNAFUs with them, which I plan on elaborating here later, but this not even calling me back thing blows.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

5tang.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Update:
American Muscle got back to me. The Supervisor was great. They confirmed it should fit again with Kooks and will investigate the call forwarding scam. Be careful guys and gals, I'm not one to fall for stuff like that and they almost got me!

I made some more adjustments, still having a hard time with the driver's side. Will post some pics and let me know if anyone has a good suggestion for how to get it even. What I think is weird is that the driver side has a lot more movability left in it even though everything is tightened down to 41 lb/ft. It exacerbates my original concerns, cuz I think the brace from the convertible would hold it where it needs to be, but what do I know?

I will say this, it sounds AWESOME! I was worried it would be too loud, and no way. No drone, could talk on bluetooth with zero issue on the highway and all the liner is out of the trunk (I was changing the taillights). My car is an automatic with 3.15 rear gears too though... just an fyi.

Also, my 0-60 time was 5.0, increased to 4.8 after the exhaust. Two runs, both 4.8.

OP
OP

5tang.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Hi guys, American Muscle's customer service sucks. A bunch of yes men. No one has called me back... what a drag. I made it pretty clear I didn't want anything too lol, just want to know if they figured out what the hell was going on. I've spoke to five reps and one supervisor. Definitely going to be ordering my stuff somewhere else from now on:punch:.

Anyways... back to what matter, exhaust sound. I love this exhaust. I've never driven my car with the radio off so often lol. I know I said there is no drone, but after some extensive highway time, there is a bit around 1650 RPM's. Easily avoided by putting the car in Sport +. It's not even necessary, but if you want it gone, that's all you got to do :like:.
Sponsored