Just Purchased a 2017 GT350

Nelsond003

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donny
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350. 1965 Shelby Cobra roadster
but just as a reminder to OP. You have a 2017, and it can eat oil quicker than you think.
I also have a 2017 and have not eaten any oil in the last 3k miles. I check it every fill up. currently 21k miles, I bought it with 18k.

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WW 50th Anniv LE, '68 Merc Cougar, '17 GT350R
OP
OP

sd05gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ALEX
Vehicle(s)
2011 FORD MUSTANG GT
SHOULD I GO WITH FORD PERFORMANCE CATCH CAN OR AFTERMARKET?

Sponsored

ShatterPoints

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
HAS ANYONE TRIED THIS RESONATOR DELETE? IT LOOKS MUCH CHEAPER THAN MOST COMPETING OPTIONS (WHICH IM NOT SURE IS A GOOD THING).

https://www.americanmuscle.com/mbrp-mustang-xp-series-resonator-bypass-x-pipe-s7215409.html

Not to be rude, but there are several stickies and you can search on the catch cans that people have found useful as well as many threads on exhaust. You can do a small bit of reading and find all the answers you are looking for.

hdaniel85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350

I went with the Ford Performance catch can, it's been great and very easy to install. I got both the passenger and drivers side as they were offering a discount if you bought both.

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2012 Leaf daily
I'm so jealous of this thread.

I went to PremierMotors today in Hayward. They have a beautiful 2017 GT350 listed for 60K flat. They wouldn't even let me test drive it without giving a verbal commitment that I was buying it immediately after the test drive. He even said, "like not that you would be thinking about it, but you're ready to do it today".

I just don't get the business model - "don't give anyone a chance to fall in love with it by test driving it".

I guess I'll keep looking for private owners that maybe show a bit more reason.

hdaniel85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350

I went to PremierMotors today in Hayward. They have a beautiful 2017 GT350 listed for 60K flat. They wouldn't even let me test drive it without giving a verbal commitment that I was buying it immediately after the test drive. He even said, "like not that you would be thinking about it, but you're ready to do it today".

I just don't get the business model - "don't give anyone a chance to fall in love with it by test driving it".

Keep looking! I had some issues with my car when I first got it (I live in FL but found it in AZ for $45k 24k miles back in February). I had a new transmission put in and the dealership may be on the hook for a new engine since they botched the oil change.. However, I chalk this up to a bad dealer experience, the car is phenomenal and I love driving it. I didn't plan it being my daily but it sure is now (when the weather cooperates).

Buy used if its still under warranty, it'll save you some money (brand new ones will be extremely expensive right now).

ShatterPoints

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

If you walk in with a pre approval from your bank you should be able to convince them to let you test drive. Having money to give on the spot changes the attitude, or at least it should. No good business owner// manager would let money walk out the door.

In short, strolling into a dealer asking for a test drive; vs walking in with the money to buy on the spot makes a huge difference in the mind of a sales manager.

Sponsored

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you walk in with a pre approval from your bank you should be able to convince them to let you test drive. Having money to give on the spot changes the attitude, or at least it should. No good business owner// manager would let money walk out the door.

In short, strolling into a dealer asking for a test drive; vs walking in with the money to buy on the spot makes a huge difference in the mind of a sales manager.
I would have been buying cash most likely (and told them such). Didn't seem to make much difference. Could have easily just opened a banking app and shown them.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
I would have been buying cash most likely (and told them such). Didn't seem to make much difference. Could have easily just opened a banking app and shown them.
not sure your timeline...but I will have mine in SJC about 2-3 weeks. you are welcome to romp around a bit in it, as long as I get to go along for the ride :wink:

ShatterPoints

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Sometimes you have to do that. It sucks because you shouldn't have to. But you can get lucky with a reasonable manager when you show them an amount of proof beyond "your word"

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not sure your timeline...but I will have mine in SJC about 2-3 weeks. you are welcome to romp around a bit in it, as long as I get to go along for the ride :wink:
Wow, thank you so much! I'll PM you to keep from derailing this thread further. I'd be happy to pay you $50 or something for a 15-30 min ride (like you said, with you in the car as well).

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
I would say, depends on your warranty status...I got a ration of chit from my dealer about the JLT can I have, but I nicely pointed out that Ford Performance sells the same dam thing.

he was unimpressed, but since this was for a water pump issue he “let it slide”

so i vote for the FP option....just in case :wink:
Sponsored