Just got my first personalized plate....and took the stripes off

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
I have never been one for personalized plates. Figure it is too easy to take down a plate when driving aggressive. But I bit the bullet and had to represent my team.

Also, took my stripes off. They were pulling up in places and had a few rock chips. They came off pretty easy, had to use some goo gone, clay bar, and wax / buff. But looks good as new.

26920440120_711c19efa4_b.jpg
Sponsored

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Interesting to see someone take their stripes off. I've never been a fan of stripes on non-Shelby Mustangs, so I think you made a good choice.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I have never been one for personalized plates. Figure it is too easy to take down a plate when driving aggressive. But I bit the bullet and had to represent my team.

Also, took my stripes off. They were pulling up in places and had a few rock chips. They came off pretty easy, had to use some goo gone, clay bar, and wax / buff. But looks good as new.

26920440120_711c19efa4_b.jpg
I like your plate. I am a Bruins fan, sorry about Bobby Orrs goal way back. :thumbsup: But I really hope you guys do it this year. Blues are the only team left from that expansion without a cup.

Go Blues!!!:first:

OP
OP
GoBlues38

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
Blues are the only team left from that expansion without a cup.

Go Blues!!!:first:
Yeah, people get confused how we made it to the Cup Finals each of the 1st three seasons and never won. We did it by asking all the old players from The Montreal Canadian teams of the late 60's to come to STL for a few years to get us going.

Add that to the fact all the original 6 were in one division, and the 6 expansion teams were in another. We got lucky.

Followed by many years of heart break.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Yeah, people get confused how we made it to the Cup Finals each of the 1st three seasons and never won. We did it by asking all the old players from The Montreal Canadian teams of the late 60's to come to STL for a few years to get us going.

Add that to the fact all the original 6 were in one division, and the 6 expansion teams were in another. We got lucky.

Followed by many years of heart break.
I am cheering for ya brother

jman3350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 in Torch Red w/ Auto
Interesting to see someone take their stripes off. I've never been a fan of stripes on non-Shelby Mustangs, so I think you made a good choice.
I typically don't like stripes on "stock" mustangs, but the Mach 1 stripe looks really nice (profile pic related :))

Although I've seen a lot of the same body style I have, one with these white-silvery stripes and a silvery grille, looks terrible. I think with a plain hood/front fascia, stripes just look weird added on, mostly because people don't do it right.

Some guy with a 95-99 mustang also wrapped his aftermarket hood scoop in terribly cut carbon fiber styled vinyl!

If you're gonna put stripes on your car, make sure you do it nice and clean and the colors match otherwise it'll just look terrible.
Sponsored