Sponsored

June 2017 Mustang Sales

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
That's what makes them Camaro guys. Just like we'll never give them any credit over here.:thumbsup:
You know I'm not totally parochial about it. I know this is heresy here, but I don't think the 6G Camaro looks too bad. It's just a bit of a caricature. You know how the original artwork of almost all cars seem to feature low roofs, narrow windows, high beltlines and exaggerated features that always get toned down a bit between concept and production. For the 6G Camaro it seems GM made a concentrated effort to actually build a car that looks like the concept art and it's not better for it. I got one as a rental once. I though the complaints about visibility were exaggerated. They are not.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
What GM did with the Gen6 Camaro is exactly what the 5th Gen owners, who apparently were the only people who they listened to, said.

They wanted a smaller, lighter and more powerful car. They got exactly that.

What they also got was the visibility problems of the 5th Gen, made worse. The interior became even more cramped and the price jumped due to the nicer, less usable interior.

Maybe for the 7th Gen they should NOT only listen to their "Camaro faithful" leg humpers.

ClevelandV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2020 GT or HP Ecoboost
What GM did with the Gen6 Camaro is exactly what the 5th Gen owners, who apparently were the only people who they listened to, said.

What they also got was the visibility problems of the 5th Gen, made worse. The interior became even more cramped and the price jumped due to the nicer, less usable interior.

Maybe for the 7th Gen they should NOT only listen to their "Camaro faithful" leg humpers.
Correct. I have said for awhile that GM should have listened to the people who considered buying a 5th gen. Camaro, but decided against it (not counting financial reasons). Then correct those complaints on the 6th gen.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

They better listen. Or there wont be a 7th gen. I owned a 5th gen Camaro. And I couldn't stand to be inside it. The crap about adjusting your mirrors and get used to the terrible sight lines is stupid! I was banned from Camaro 5. Because I wouldn't drink the cool-aid back when I owned it. It's kinda like this and every other forum in the regard that 10-or 15 guys are the very vocal minority.

Last edited:

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
They better listen. Or there wont be a 7th gen. I owned a 5th gen Camaro. And I couldn't stand to be inside it. The crap about adjusting your mirrors and get used to the terrible sight lines is stupid! I was banned from Camaro 5. Because I wouldn't drink the cool-aid back when I owned it. It's kinda like this and every other forum in the regard that 10-or 15 guys are the very vocal minority.
It's all about expanding the market segment without alienating the main customer base. GM listened too much to it's 5th gen audience while they should have been trying to find out why people liked about it's competition. How can you make any blue collar sports car in today's day and age that doesn't fit a set of f'ing golf clubs or luggage larger than a carry on.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Omg the salt over there this month. They didn't even put the update on the front page lol

Mr.Zergling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium Vert w/ PP
I contributed 1 to the sales number :thumbsup:

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes

To be fair, there is nothing wrong with a smaller, lighter, more powerful car. There are lots of cars out there smaller than Camaros (or Mustangs) that somehow manage to still have decent visibility and a livable un-cramped interior and usable trunk.

The problem wasn't the goal, it was execution.

Sponsored

Crumpler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP DIB SC
I've purchased a new Camaro SS, 2 Mustang GT's and a Challenger Scat Pack over the last 2.5 years. The Challenger is growing in sales because it is a great all around car. They have great space, are fun to drive, and make for good long trip cruisers. The Challenger is a car you can justify owning. ( i still own a mustang, regardless of what my wife wants).

ClevelandV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2020 GT or HP Ecoboost
To be fair, there is nothing wrong with a smaller, lighter, more powerful car. There are lots of cars out there smaller than Camaros (or Mustangs) that somehow manage to still have decent visibility and a livable un-cramped interior and usable trunk.

The problem wasn't the goal, it was execution.
Bingo !!

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
The Challenger is growing in sales because it is a great all around car. They have great space, are fun to drive, and make for good long trip cruisers. The Challenger is a car you can justify owning. ( i still own a mustang, regardless of what my wife wants).
+1. My Mustang is the race car in my household, while my Scat Pack is the practical daily driver.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Dodge is pretty impressive with there marketing, that platform is ancient yet there still selling the cap out of them.