JL Audio Fix82 anyone?

vnzbd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
I am curious if anyone has used the JL Audio Fix 82 to overcome the processing within the factory head unit.

Looking to add a sub and wonder how necessary it may be.

Thanks!
Sponsored

datamon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Ecoboost
I ran my LOC from the rear speakers and can get plenty of bass for my music by adjusting the subwoofer amp gain.

However, I am running the LPF at about 200Hz. When I lowered it even slightly, there was a noticeable drop in bass output, so an unprocessed signal would certainly do better.

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
$300 for the FIX82 is quite alot for just adding a sub. I'd go with OEMRadios harness and radio reprogram. Better to fix the problem at it's source than to piggyback something ontop of it.

OP
OP

vnzbd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
$300 is certainly not cheap. OEM has the solution but at this time it is not ready for the OBD port. Based on recent communication he does not have a timeline. I have read so much about the rattles that everyone seems to have when they tear the dash apart so I am hesitant to do so. I guess the other plus is I may be able to install it into the next car as well. My current amps in my daily driver are in vehicle #4! Thanks for the feedback.
Sponsored