Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Just because the car cranks doesn't mean you haven't degraded the capacity of the battery permanently through sulfation.

A battery sitting for a 2-3 months hooked up to the car will cause hard sulfation of the plates. A battery with 70%-80% capacity because of sulphation will still start the car but it is damaged at this point and cannot be reversed. Only soft sulfation can be reversed.

Throw a voltmeter on it before starting after sitting this long and you'll see 12.1 volts or maybe less. A battery kept below 12.4 volts for extended periods is not good for it, this causes hard sulphation which cannot be reversed.

In short get a tender. They're half the price of a new battery and will last you decades.

I'll throw mine on the tender even if I'm not driving it for a few days. Just install a quick connect and it takes seconds to hook up.

I currently have a NOCO and CTek and they are both equally as good. Pick whatever one of these is on sale and crack a beer while you install the quick connects.

OP
OP
Vicr

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
If you are writing to me please see post #15.
Sponsored