• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Jask pad options

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
LOL like the techs actually pay attention.
Well, having permanently installed pucks with big letters that show where to place the jack pads is better than not having them.
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I never said it was better not to have them....I was only joking about the techs actually reading something. I personally have the jacking rails. I did have the jack pads for my Z06. :)

Well, having permanently installed pucks with big letters that show where to place the jack pads is better than not having them.

OP
OP
Gr8ful

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
I do all my servicing so I'm not concerned with the tech or what he sees. I ordered two metal puck styles. Thanks for all the imput.

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
The SVE pucks install permanently, so they are there if you take it to a shop. Hockey pucks aren't. They are also prominently labeled so the tech SEES them and uses them.

But, sure, if you're a cheap ass, get some hockey pucks. :)
Even cheaper......................smash any aluminum can (EMPTY, Dude! EMPTY!) flat by placing them upright on a solid surface (concrete is best) and stomping on the :curse: ers. Voila! Jacking pucks for a few cents! :wink:

Last edited:

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
LOL like the techs actually pay attention.
I've been buying cars from this dealership for over 25 years. I've know the service manager since he was in high school. (He's now in his 60's.) I've had a bunch of performance work done there over the years and they've always been extremely careful with my cars.

OP
OP
Gr8ful

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
You are fortunate.
Most dealers could care less.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
That is a great relationship to have. I have a great relationship with my service manager also and he writes on the order any special needs and it was the tech that still got it wrong.....but again what I said was in jest.

I've been buying cars from this dealership for over 25 years. I've know the service manager since he was in high school. (He's now in his 60's.) I've had a bunch of performance work done there over the years and they've always been extremely careful with my cars.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Same experience here, just not as long - only ~18 years. I'm good friends with the dealership owner - one of several family members who own four Ford or Lincoln dealerships.

I've found that buying vehicles and having them serviced is akin to building a relationship.

If all you're interested in is a one-night stand (finding the dealership who will sell you a specific vehicle for the rock bottom cheapest that one time) versus building that relationship of consumer/dealer, you're probably going to have sub-par experiences in the service departments.

Almost everyone in my local dealership knows me and/or knows my name. They bend over backwards to take care of me. I've had a number of things repaired at no cost, even though the vehicles were out of warranty. I've gotten free loaner vehicles when my vehicles were in for service, no matter how long it takes -- in 2022, I had a free loaner for over 2 MONTHS. That was the dealership footing that cost, not Ford Motor Company.

Last edited:

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Same experience here, just not as long - only ~18 years. I'm good friends with the dealership owner - one of several family members who own four Ford or Lincoln dealerships.

I've found that buying vehicles and having them serviced is akin to building a relationship.

If all you're interested in is a one-night stand (finding the dealership who will sell you a specific vehicle for the rock bottom cheapest that one time) versus building that relationship of consumer/dealer, you're probably going to have sub-par experiences in the service departments.

Almost everyone in my local dealership knows me and/or knows my name. They bend over backwards to take care of me. I've had a number of things repaired at no cost, even though the vehicles were out of warranty. I've gotten free loaner vehicles when my vehicles were in for service, no matter how long it takes -- in 2022, I had a free loaner for over 2 MONTHS. That was the dealership footing that cost, not Ford Motor Company.
Yup. :like:

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
Been with the same dealer since 2011. Great tips on building a rapport and/or relationships! :thumbsup:
Sponsored