It's Official; Track My Mustang is the new Ford COTUS

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 Kona Blue W/ Black Stripes and Roof
I recall the website Ford COTUS was the "end all be all" to vehicle tracking. The site was set up for all of us Ford Customers to track our cars and trucks. The excitement slowly gave way to frustration as the site was constantly jammed and would lock up your computer. I thought today, am I living 2013 all over again? The new "state of the art" Tracking System from Ford, Trackmymustang.com has been jammed all weekend. The results are sporadic and I think it is the old Ford COTUS in disguise. I will be checking the side of the Milk Cartons in my grocery store tomorrow looking for my car as I think it has been declared missing and exploited. Man, can anything work or go right with this order? Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Sponsored

VuduBen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 FP Blue, 2015 Durango R/T, 1965 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Wow - I though I might be the only one having issues. Been trying to check the status of my car (which finally shipped last week), but can only get the site to load once or twice a day. Maybe I should stop checking it every 15 minutes...

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Mark:
I think you may be the most senior of us 2019 Shelby waiting guys... When did you place your order?
Anyone got him beat who is still waiting?
I think Ford Performance owes you a fillet mignon once your Shelby arrives...!!!

Last edited:

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Sometime you just have to shoot something. Take a screen print of the hosed site, print it off and take it to the range. It may be cathartic.

One of us may need to rendez vous with you and give your some Voodoo therapy. Hang in there!

OP
OP
trafficman337

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Wow - I though I might be the only one having issues. Been trying to check the status of my car (which finally shipped last week), but can only get the site to load once or twice a day. Maybe I should stop checking it every 15 minutes...
Ben,
I am in the same boat. Mine was in the body shop for almost a week and then poof, just like that I can't see a thing on it any more. I think the new tracking system will be smoke signals in morse code over the Flatrock Plant.

Sponsored

OP
OP
trafficman337

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Mark:
I think you may be the most senior of us 2019 Shelby waiting guys... When did you place your order?
Anyone go him beat who is still waiting?
I think Ford Performance owes you a fillet mignon once your Shelby arrives...!!!
Hey Buddy,

Hope all is well. I ordered 3/11/19. I was told 7-10 weeks. I think it will be 6 months when it arrives. I like your suggestion, but if Ford tells me they will get me a steak, I probably will be of the age where I can't chew it by the time it arrives. Man....All I can say is Wow.

OP
OP
trafficman337

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Sometime you just have to shoot something. Take a screen print of the hosed site, print it off and take it to the range. It may be cathartic.

One of us may need to rendez vous with you and give your some Voodoo therapy. Hang in there!
Thanks, Mike. You have no idea how my computer almost had wings over the weekend with frustration on that site. It would have been the first flying Dell Computer!

VuduBen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 FP Blue, 2015 Durango R/T, 1965 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Ben,
I am in the same boat. Mine was in the body shop for almost a week and then poof, just like that I can't see a thing on it any more. I think the new tracking system will be smoke signals in morse code over the Flatrock Plant.
I haven't been able to get a status update since Sunday morning. :explode:

Last status was "In Transit" "Passing Arrival" - not sure what that means. My dealer is no help either. They wont even try to get a rail car number or anything.

I've been watching to the east - looking for the smoke signals - nothing there either.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
I recall the website Ford COTUS was the "end all be all" to vehicle tracking. The site was set up for all of us Ford Customers to track our cars and trucks. The excitement slowly gave way to frustration as the site was constantly jammed and would lock up your computer. I thought today, am I living 2013 all over again? The new "state of the art" Tracking System from Ford, Trackmymustang.com has been jammed all weekend. The results are sporadic and I think it is the old Ford COTUS in disguise. I will be checking the side of the Milk Cartons in my grocery store tomorrow looking for my car as I think it has been declared missing and exploited. Man, can anything work or go right with this order? Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Trackmymustang.com is run by a hobbyist in Germany named Meik. Great guy - I've been exchanging emails with him. Ford really doesn't care about providing customers with info.
What you see on Meik's site is everything he can pull using the API he has access to. Ford dealers have more information. I'll share some of my discussion with Meik from Saturday:

So right now I’m tracking my car’s rail travel – I notice that the site will say:
Car Status: Arrived at Junction Point
That seems to be a short version of what my dealer showed (emailed) me today as “secondary status” and for that same update he has:

Arrived at Junction Point (Canadian National Railways)
Do you see all that and truncate it or do you see only that is presented on your site?
He also has a 3rd field or column that gives Vehicle Location:

Lang, OH
And a 4th field with the date of that information:
Aug-03-2019, 03:35 ET
There are other ETA start & end date ranges too but I’m wondering – are you able to access & parse those other location & time of update fields as well?
The Vehicle Location one especially is of interest to me.

So again that was me asking if he can show more like what the dealer has access to and the answer was no - not that he wasn't willing to try to look up more etc he just thought the API his is working with limits what fields from the database he can access.
I'm not sure why you guys are having access problems - I haven't seen many since late last week's glitches - its been working for me. Mine says "Passing Arrival" now at 10am eastern and there are only 2 ways AFIK to get the next words of what exactly it is "passing or arriving" at - ask the dealer or zone rep to check their system & share the info with you and THEN once you get the rail car # you'll be able to check it yourself. The former is the way to get the rail car # so for sure you should ask for a screen shot of the vehicle's production & travel history. if they claim they don't have all that then they're blowing you off - ask if the mgr or zone rep can help you.

Since once you have that train car # you can track their occasional updates here is my example:
As of my last update, checking CSX (Canadian Natl rail) via phone this morning, my rail car was at (Passing Junction or Arrival at) Cleveland's Collingwood OH (a rail yard) at 2:38 early this a.m. Meik can't access the Cleveland etc part or the time of that report.

I'll add the op-ed this is not super fast - it's chugging along city by city with a pace of updates every 1 to 2 days at most. I looked up the rail-line maps - mine is headed east toward Erie PA and then presumably will go east-north-east to Buffalo Rochester Syracuse Albany NY to then Springfield MA and then to the infamous yard of delays (where Len's car was sitting) in mid Massachusetts....then (hopefully) carefully & properly loaded for transport via car carrier about ~1.5hour to my dealer located in the outer beltway west of greater Boston area.
Fun stuff...or is it? LOL, you decide.
Hope this was helpful in some way.

Last edited:
OP
OP
trafficman337

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Trackmymustang.com is run by a hobbyist in Germany named Meik. Great guy - I've been exchanging emails with him. Ford really doesn't care about providing customers with info.
What you see on Meik's site is everything he can pull using the API he has access to. Ford dealers have more information. I'll share some of my discussion with Meik from Saturday:

So right now I’m tracking my car’s rail travel – I notice that the site will say:
Car Status: Arrived at Junction Point
That seems to be a short version of what my dealer showed (emailed) me today as “secondary status” and for that same update he has:

Arrived at Junction Point (Canadian National Railways)
Do you see all that and truncate it or do you see only that is presented on your site?
He also has a 3rd field or column that gives Vehicle Location:

Lang, OH
And a 4th field with the date of that information:
Aug-03-2019, 03:35 ET
There are other ETA start & end date ranges too but I’m wondering – are you able to access & parse those other location & time of update fields as well?
The Vehicle Location one especially is of interest to me.

So again that was me asking if he can show more like what the dealer has access to and the answer was no - not that he wasn't willing to try to look up more etc he just thought the API his is working with limits what fields from the database he can access.
I'm not sure why you guys are having access problems - I haven't seen many since late last week's glitches - its been working for me. Mine says "Passing Arrival" now at 10am eastern and there are only 2 ways AFIK to get the next words of what exactly it is "passing or arriving" at - ask the dealer or zone rep to check their system & share the info with you and THEN once you get the rail car # you'll be able to check it yourself. The former is the way to get the rail car # so for sure you should ask for a screen shot of the vehicle's production & travel history. if they claim they don't have all that then they're blowing you off - ask if the mgr or zone rep can help you.

Since once you have that train car # you can track their occasional updates here is my example:
As of my last update, checking CSX (Canadian Natl rail) via phone this morning, my rail car was at (Passing Junction or Arrival at) Cleveland's Collingwood OH (a rail yard) at 2:38 early this a.m. Meik can't access the Cleveland etc part or the time of that report.

I'll add the op-ed this is not super fast - it's chugging along city by city with a pace of updates every 1 to 2 days at most. I looked up the rail-line maps - mine is headed east toward Erie PA and then presumably will go east-north-east to Buffalo Rochester Syracuse Albany NY to then Springfield MA and then to the infamous yard of delays (where Len's car was sitting) in mid Massachusetts....then (hopefully) carefully & properly loaded for transport via car carrier about ~1.5hour to my dealer located in the outer beltway west of greater Boston area.
Fun stuff...or is it? LOL, you decide.
Hope this was helpful in some way.
Wow Bill, great info. Thanks! You are getting close!!!!! I will send you an email.

Sponsored

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Ford is prolly not thrilled we can get access to those details. They rather stick their heads in the sand. The decent Ford people who may want to share info may be held to silence and deflection. And often we know more than dealers. I like the post where Google Earth was used to track down the lots with the built cars awaiting delivery. A few years ago when my Acura RLX Sport Hybrid was built (only 250 copies my model year) they were held up in Japan as Honda negotiated the Customs details for the car import to the US. Word from Honda / Acura was crickets chirping. After I found the cars in a lot in Saitama I posted it to an Acura board. Suddenly information began to flow as to the delays. Mine was the 1st delivered in the US. It was daunting. So with the Shelby I configured what I wanted and my 3 color combos and searched for vehicles being delivered to dealers that match my config choices. I started my search in early March and took delivery April 30. Still daunting, but I can only imagine the frustration you guys feel. But when you get it home, free from the dealer, get your set up done (whatever mods, window tints, floor mats, ceramic, etc)....I hope the headache fades fast.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
With a week from ETA today I checked the railroad update - pleasant surprise is - as of midnight she's an hour away from my dealer...just waitin' for a ride. So ETA is now any time from Monday to next weekend 8/12-8/18)

CSX Update:
Car Status: Delivered in East Brookfield MA (on 8/10 12:08am)

Delivered from a railroad perspective to E.Brookfield aka the New England Automotive Gateway (rail to transport depot)
upload_2019-8-10_12-51-33.png

Last leg to my drop ship dealer:
upload_2019-8-10_12-50-37.png

Last edited: