OP
OP
wack

wack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Shadow Edition Triple Yellow
It's amongst the best you can get as it has a Sony chip in it but from some of the reviews people are expecting £30,000 movie camera performance in a £300 dashcam , I haven't been out in the car when it's dark yet
Sponsored

Heretian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex GT in TY. Now GT Shadow in RR
The night vision is OK. Its not actually as good as a Thinkware F800 but its a slightly older camera and its mainly software as I believe they use the same sensor.

I have the Blackvue in mine and it has put a lot of fears at ease. I check occasionally via Wifi and the parking mode picks up a lot of people walking past etc. So far no need to download a clip though. I am looking to get a bigger SD card though as the 16Gb supplied doesn't have much room for video.

I am thinking about getting another for the wife's car. There have been too many incidents with friends where dashcam footage is pretty much needed these days. Any accident and you will be glad you have it.

I did try the Cloud connect but didn't find it 100% reliable and the free plan is kind of limited. I've left it on Wifi only now and just connect when I need to from my phone.

The best thing is that cameras are fully hidden. I did the same as wack with a hardwire kit. All cables are fully hidden behind headliner or behind trim panels. I even used the cable routing on the mirror housing. Sat in the drivers seat you can't even see a camera is there and from outside you won't notice it unless you know to look (I have disabled the front flashing security LED too). If I remember I'll take pics of locations in the morning I think I have a clip from nightmode I might be able to upload (parking mode clips due to people walking past the house).