ztdoyle14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2017
Hey y'all,

So I am deciding on selling my 2017 mustang gt (manual) and need some advice. It has 58,000 miles on it but the engine blew and I replaced it with a brand new motor 5,000 miles ago. It has modifications such as BBK long tube headers, x pipes, Roush axle-backs exhaust, CAI, Nguage, tuned 93.

I know the price market is high right now, but what would you price it at if it was you? I don't want to lowball and I'm trying to get the most money out of it.

*And no I am not selling it on this website*
Sponsored

Ogopogo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Prem Vert, 2020 Mazda CX-5 GT Turb
Markets tend to have regional differences. Try looking at AutoTrader for your region for your model and relative condition, and see what might be an appropriate "range".

OP
OP

ztdoyle14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2017
Markets tend to have regional differences. Try looking at AutoTrader for your region for your model and relative condition, and see what might be an appropriate "range".
Yeah but the question is mostly about having a brand new engine in it. Not sure how to get an automated estimate from that.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Add 5k to the average market price for your car with your miles. Put in every description that the motor was replaced / fully rebuilt. Wait and see what happens.

Also need to consider what market you are going after. Mods means you are probably looking at younger drivers who would be interested in a modded mustang, but they probably also don't have a lot of money to spend. The average customer interested in a mustang might pass your car because they are worried about the mods and why the engine blew up.

Just keep in mind you have a narrow market audience and probably can't charge too much of a premium for the new engine.

But like I said, price optimistically, and you can always lower if needed. Also if it is a built engine and not just a replacement gen2 then you can charge more.

Ogopogo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know that any premium is likely. Mods can be done poorly and I would be highly suspicious of a blown engine. Why was that? Beating the hell out of the vehicle? Lack of maintenance? What does that say for the rest of the vehicle?

Truth be known, I'd likely pass entirely on this one. Just another perspective from the other side of the fence.

Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I don't know that any premium is likely. Mods can be done poorly and I would be highly suspicious of a blown engine. Why was that? Beating the hell out of the vehicle? Lack of maintenance? What does that say for the rest of the vehicle?

Truth be known, I'd likely pass entirely on this one. Just another perspective from the other side of the fence.
Kinda my point. Most buyers will be suspicious just like you. Many people might question if the issue that caused the engine to blow might not still be present.

He will need to find the hand-full of buyers that look at the new engine and say "Wow a new engine! The car is basically brand new!".

Ogopogo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Indeed I was agreeing with you in my 'supporting' post.
Sponsored