Issues with the Ecoboost

espennor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Espen
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Anybody had any issues with the Ecoboost? Post here and share...

I had problems with the driver door not closing when cold outside. Turned out to be water inside the door. They opned the door, blow the water away, insulate and lubricate the inside. Works well now.

Also had them change the windshield vipers. Stock viperes came loose twice. They put on new ones that fit better and are thight.

All free of charge!
Sponsored

Last edited:

smidra

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB PP / 2011 Focus EB Titanium
Yep, my transmission makes a grinding noise between and in the gears. 1st to 4th. I was told this is an issue with all the EB transmissions and every car has or will have that. My car has it more audible because it has done 15000km's. I think they're full of shit, but that's all I can do.

This is how it started on the first few miles. You have to listen with headphones in the seconds in the title of each video.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33931

Apart from that just the usual small things - loose pipes on the turbo and intercooler, badly done undercoating sprayed on wheels and exhaust, loose leather on seats, rattling on the right side of the dashboard, misaligned panels, thud noise when sharp turning on cold mornings, squeaking back window when it's freezing...nothing really :D

nr.09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red Ecoboost Fastback
had 1 issue but it was a factory fault:

my presssure oilpump was not working properly so my car could just stall from time,
quick connection to the pc and the garage found the errors + quick repair.
now drives like a dream

vieirinha33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
André
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Race Red
you have really a lot of issues smidra... :X

that sound in changing gears I also have... but it just happen when the car is cold... after 5 min normally I don't hear it anymore..
well and the pirellis are for me also a issue... they are really bad, at least the ones that come with our cars... it seems that the pirellis p-zero sold here in europe are great xD

whatever xD

the rest is pretty well done on the car :)

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
No issues so far.. well none that I wasn't aware of before having the car (like the panel misalignment, or getting too much attention on the road :)).

Sponsored

smidra

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you have really a lot of issues smidra... :X

that sound in changing gears I also have... but it just happen when the car is cold... after 5 min normally I don't hear it anymore..
well and the pirellis are for me also a issue... they are really bad, at least the ones that come with our cars... it seems that the pirellis p-zero sold here in europe are great xD

whatever xD

the rest is pretty well done on the car :)
Yeah, but for the money, most of them really do not bother me. Only the transmission sound does. I also had it in the cold at first. Now it developed into pretty much all gears all conditions. Dealer says it affects all the mustangs sooner all later (I do not think so). I hope it does not grow on your car.

I will be changing the Pirellis for summer.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I dumped the Pirellis before I even took delivery. Terrible tires.

vieirinha33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
André
Vehicle(s)
This summer I will drive the pirellis xD to burn them away xD
and next summer then maybe I will get new rims and tires :p so the black will be only for winter..

regarding the sound, it it get worse I will go to the ford garage and will not walk away till they fixed it... it's not normal to have it in all gears and after the car is warm...
why don't you try another garage from ford? you have warranty so any ford garage should help you.

ahhh! I remember 1 problem more.. the handbrake... if I park on roads with some "inclination", I need to pull very hard so that the car remains still... and sometimes you hear that noise, like it's not properly fixed. I will let my dealer have a check on that on the first service..

smidra

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
regarding the sound, it it get worse I will go to the ford garage and will not walk away till they fixed it... it's not normal to have it in all gears and after the car is warm...
why don't you try another garage from ford? you have warranty so any ford garage should help you.
Yep, that's a good idea. But in Czech there are only 2 Ford stores that are allowed to sell and service Mustangs. Both are missing parts and have no experience.

I was thinking about trying a shop in Germany, but I am not sure of a good one where they speak English (my German is rubbish) and where they would care about some Czech guy with a problem :shrug:

vieirinha33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
André
Vehicle(s)
just try to call them or write them explaining the situation... probably someone can help you out.

I'had to wait also 3 months for a new windshield since mine got damaged with a little rock in the last lux meeting.
when it finally arrived in january, they opened the box and it was completely destroyed... lol the guy that did the package did not put protections for the windshield... xD
then they ordered it again and yesterday (5months later) they finally replaced it :p ahaha

Sponsored

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
This is not exclusive for Ecoboost, but my parking sensor sometimes beeps really funny using some hidden speaker under the dash.

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm
Not engine related, but the windscreen wipers that came with the car from factory was rubbish. Exchanged for free.

Can also confirm that the factory fitted PZero tyres are total crap and as soon as i could fitted my new (bigger) wheels shod with Michelin! :thumbsup:

smidra

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is not exclusive for Ecoboost, but my parking sensor sometimes beeps really funny using some hidden speaker under the dash.
That happened to me today, I was quite surprised. Sound coming from behind the light switch :D I was reversing on a wired fence. Tried to replicate it, but it did not happen since :)

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Yeah I've had that happen too a few times. Very weird.

Lsstefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
A rodent chewed the front mud flap, lost 2 securing bolts also as it chewed...
No engine issues, 9500 km so far, gonna do oil change at the beginning of March. Waiting for ecu remap this month.
Sponsored