Issue with Broken APIM

pliang2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ping
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Convitible
Hi, I am new here. I am going share my case with a broken APIM module in my 2018 Mustang EB.
I got this car in July 2019 @ 30k miles, but it was (and still is) in a good shape though. The APIM (or simply SYNC3 system) was fine at that time. I use iPhone, and the bluetooth, Carplay etc. were working fine until ~ Oct/Nov 2019. The issues was just simply disconnecting my phone and Carplay (I don't use bluetooth very often). But then when I tried to reset the APIM to see if the issue can be fixed, it didn't work!
In June 2020, I cannot put it up any more and it was almost out of warranty, so I took it to a dealership nearby. They first said it was my cable that was not working (but not the case, even different Apple OEM cables had the same issue). But after I showed the service manager that it can not hold any new settings or master reset. He agreed to check it one more time. The next day, he told me that it is the APIM and he ordered a new part, ETA 3 days. However, since then it is an endless waiting until this very moment, I am still waiting. The part is on backorder and after talking to Ford, they said they could not do anything to speed it up. I am still driving it since it is operable.
It appears that the APIM issue is not only with Mustang but you can find the post in F150, Fusion, etc. I am sharing this hopefully help the folks with similar issue because I could barely find any information at the beginning. I will update this post if I get it fixed.
Sponsored