Sponsored

Issue found with Steeda G-Trac Brace and 2016 GT

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Since you bought your Steeda G-Trac K-Member used you did not get all of the parts required to install it on a 2016 S550. I have a 2016 S550 GT. When I installed my G-Trac K-Member the front cross member was not threaded also. In the kit for the 2016-17 cars Steeda includes 2 additional spacers that go under the front mounting points, they also included the additional washers & nuts that are required. You need the spacers or you will pinch the frame member when you tighten everything down to the correct torque spec.

Yep, same thing with me. Had the extra spacers in the pack and it worked out fine.
Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Yeah i plan to give em a call tommorow I'll post up the result. Wanted to share my solution for any one else in my situation.
Sounds like you are missing hardware,call in and we will get the remaining hardware out to you.The 2016 and later require a different hardware kit. Call and ask for Mike D or Jamie

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
Mine was the same way, Steeda tech is aware as I sent pictures to them some 5-6 months ago and we discussed it on the phone. They sent me what I needed but I went down to the local hardware store with the front bolts and purchased washers and nuts for it. Easy/Faster fix by handling it yourself.

It's a running change on the cars

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
So ur running it with out any bolts in the front of the brace? That would explane the clunking. If u still have the bolts these are the Nita u will need:
http://www.dormanproducts.com/itemdetail.aspx?ProductID=23078&SEName=990261
I realize I left out for brevity the part about I bolted it in minus the mottied threaded bung in the frame. with the included hardware from Steeda, but I've no idea how you arrived at thinking I left it unbolted and just drive it around like that. :shrug:

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Why do you even post in these threads with Steeda parts? It obvious you don't like their stuff and bitch every time you get a chance.

Never understood why "people" do that.
Whoa whoa whoa there big guy. If there is a good part out there we want to know as well as the problem parts. This is a forum. Forums are for helping and sharing. Maybe you should grow some thicker skin. 99% of the time I see posts that I do not like I use my mouse and just click on. It is that simple. If this brace is not aligning up straight as it was designed to do don't you think Steeda would want to know? If guys are running this without all the bolts, don't ya think Steeda would want to know? Threads like these bring attention to good and bad parts. Nothing to piss in your panties about. By the way I have their spoiler (Steeda's) on my car.

My post was not at all directed towards you. The guy I quoted, Dr.Fishtail, is who I am referencing.

I think it's great to post up info like this. Steeda wants to know for sure:thumbsup:
I would like to agree with this post. Even you think it is great to post stuff up like this. So please stop with the personal attack. :eek:

Sponsored

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Interesting difference. You don't realize these cars have random holes that become threaded or unthreaded throughout its model year life. As somebody who works for an aftermarket supplier of many parts, we deal with this constantly.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
My 15 didn't require spacers but my 16 did and it came with spacers.

Toothless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
Ran into the same problem on my 2016. Transferred bar to my 16 from the 15. Didn't have the longer bolts, nuts. And spacers.. Paid $20 shipped to Steeda for the missing hardware that is now included in the 15 and up kits.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Why do you even post in these threads with Steeda parts? It obvious you don't like their stuff and bitch every time you get a chance.

Never understood why "people" do that.
So, vendor bashing is never cool. But criticism, even harsh criticism, can lead to improvement. A coworker uses a quote on his IM profile that I think is very fitting here:

"Most unhappy customers are greatest source of learning"

Whereas, to your point, certain members don't buy their product. Though that doesn't preclude them giving feedback why they didn't purchase their product. Too heavy, ugly color, looks incapable of doing the job... whatever the case may be.

No vendor should be afraid of constructive criticism. If you feel it is not constructive, call it to their attention and ask for clarification so it becomes constructive. Take it as an opportunity to learn, not as a personal attack.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
So, vendor bashing is never cool. But criticism, even harsh criticism, can lead to improvement. A coworker uses a quote on his IM profile that I think is very fitting here:

Whereas, to your point, certain members don't buy their product. Though that doesn't preclude them giving feedback why they didn't purchase their product. Too heavy, ugly color, looks incapable of doing the job... whatever the case may be.

No vendor should be afraid of constructive criticism. If you feel it is not constructive, call it to their attention and ask for clarification so it becomes constructive. Take it as an opportunity to learn, not as a personal attack.
Very well said.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

I am all for vendor criticism and pointing out issues, flaws, broken parts, etc. My point is...there have been other threads out there where this one person comments about Steeda and their parts and not in a good tone or context. That is all I am saying. He likes to hop on that bashing, bandwagon.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Whoa whoa whoa there big guy. If there is a good part out there we want to know as well as the problem parts. This is a forum. Forums are for helping and sharing. Maybe you should grow some thicker skin. 99% of the time I see posts that I do not like I use my mouse and just click on. It is that simple. If this brace is not aligning up straight as it was designed to do don't you think Steeda would want to know? If guys are running this without all the bolts, don't ya think Steeda would want to know? Threads like these bring attention to good and bad parts. Nothing to piss in your panties about. By the way I have their spoiler (Steeda's) on my car.
He bought the part used and it was off a '15 vs. his '16. Big difference there, huh? You aren't even running this part, hence my comment about you throwing out your snide comment about...is this not a complete kit? That is a smart ass comment from a person that doesn't HAVE THE PART. So you statement has ZERO value.

I have plenty thick skin but thanks for your concern. I am sure I will be just fine posting in threads and commenting. Take you own advice and if you don't like or agree with something, don't comment. Practice what you preach little boy.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
He bought the part used and it was off a '15 vs. his '16. Big difference there, huh? You aren't even running this part, hence my comment about you throwing out your snide comment about...is this not a complete kit? That is a smart ass comment from a person that doesn't HAVE THE PART. So you statement has ZERO value.

I have plenty thick skin but thanks for your concern. I am sure I will be just fine posting in threads and commenting. Take you own advice and if you don't like or agree with something, don't comment. Practice what you preach little boy.
Meet me at the flagpole after school. :cool:
Sponsored