Sponsored

Is this normal?

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Apologies if I'm being completely stupid here but is this normal? It seems to just be water but it's dripping from both mufflers, doesn't seems to be coming from anywhere though
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454430633.417300.jpg
Sponsored

THISELDO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Eco-Boost Tri Yellow FastBack
could be down to your airconditioning, i noticed when i was hiring one in the states with the ac on there is a lot more condensartion coming out of the exhaust and when i turned it off the condensation went. just a thought.;)

Harmy2010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Exige S- Current / Black GT - On Order
Isn't that just a hole drilled into the exhaust to let water out that builds up. I think it is totally normal without it the exhaust would full up with water unless the exhaust gets very hot regularly.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Normal. :)

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
As said this is normal and exactly what those little holes are there for. Exhaust gas can contain quite a bit of water particularly when the engine is cold - it's condensation that forms inside the system when it cools down. Without the holes it would sit inside the exhaust until it got hot enough to evaporate off (when the engine is running) which causes corrosion and can freeze causing other problems too. So those drain holes are designed near the lowest point in the muffler to let the water out.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Thanks all, bit of a panic on when I saw 2 wet patches on the ground & something dripping

Silver Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
GT 5.0 mannual
Yes noticed this today from one of the back boxes today.
Only because I bent over (to look) not something I do unless absolutely required!

Just a question is the factory exhaust a stainless steel system or good old fashioned mild steel?

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10
Yes noticed this today from one of the back boxes today.
Only because I bent over (to look) not something I do unless absolutely required!

Just a question is the factory exhaust a stainless steel system or good old fashioned mild steel?
M

Stainless full system