Sponsored

Is it me or is my Corsa Sport exhaust louder?

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I was told by Borla that their exhausts will change in volume and tone once they are "seasoned"
The corsa on my GT was perfection...
Naturally, carbon deposits would change the way it sounds. But I have no clue how they would make it louder... I'd rather assume they quiet it.
Sponsored

Mdtaylorjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I got smartbox to fine tune mine.
I don't even have mine connected. I hooked them up once and just run wide open valves at all times. I live in TX and cops generally don't mess with us for noise. Inside the car at cruising speeds its actually quiet, I can have a convo with my gf and no drone. Plus surprisingly the build quality of the Xforce headers, cats and catback are actually very good. I wish all manufacturers had this level of quality control and the headers have the most clearance I've ever seen. I was very impressed.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I don't even have mine connected. I hooked them up once and just run wide open valves at all times. I live in TX and cops generally don't mess with us for noise. Inside the car at cruising speeds its actually quiet, I can have a convo with my gf and no drone. Plus surprisingly the build quality of the Xforce headers, cats and catback are actually very good. I wish all manufacturers had this level of quality control and the headers have the most clearance I've ever seen. I was very impressed.
Upon initial install I've driven it all the way open once left neighborhood and I felt the exhaust was on the quiet side.

Now (maybe 10-15 kmiles later) it is too loud for me so I bouht the smartbox to be able to set it to something like 35% open.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Bringing back an old thread. My Corsa sport exhaust when new had a higher pitch sound to it. Years later and several hot track days it is way different. Louder, deeper and more raspy sound. It is 97db at the local track, borderline getting kicked off due to volume.

So there is no doubt with hard use, the exhaust will change. Still love it, just find it hard to believe it would change as there is nothing to wear internally in the mufflers.
I'm guessing you never bother to replace cats/headers with all your track days. I have 14 track days on mine and the car is louder when doing WOT. I'm guessing because CATs are burned out.

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 MY17 Mustang GT 5L Triple Yellow Convertible
I got smartbox to fine tune mine.
Me too, that’s a really good bit of kit. Mine is programmed to drop out of whatever mode it’s in back silent within 1.5k of home and within 1k of the town police station. That said I mostly leave it on silent as it still sounds nice and is more discreet and wife friendly. Raucous mode is just for going up a mates driveway . 😂

Sponsored

OP
OP
cop on my back

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I'm guessing you never bother to replace cats/headers with all your track days. I have 14 track days on mine and the car is louder when doing WOT. I'm guessing because CATs are burned out.
I was thinking that could be it. No check engine light though, I would have thought the O2 sensors would pick up on that.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking that could be it. No check engine light though, I would have thought the O2 sensors would pick up on that.
no check engine on mine too but car is louder for sure.
Sponsored