Sponsored

Interior/Vanity lights do not turn on. Fuse?

skinnysaurus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I was upgrading my interior and trunk lights with LED's when stupid me broke the trunk light housing when my screwdriver slipped trying to take it off and broke a connection in the housing. Thinking I may have shorted something out when my screwdriver touched some metal in the housing.

Now my interior map light and vanity lights and garage opener won't turn on/work. Strange but when I open my doors, my map lights still go on. Hoping it's just a fuse.

Can anyone provide guidance where I can find his fuse or a fix? (Is it fuse #1 "demand lamps" as listed in the manual?).
Sponsored

af3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
I know this is an old thread, but did you ever get this issue resolved?
I'm having the same problem. I have LED map lights installed, but ever since the install no other lights work (vanity lights, trunk lights, map lights). The map lights only come on when I open my doors. It's very frustrating!!

AQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I was upgrading my interior and trunk lights with LED's when stupid me broke the trunk light housing when my screwdriver slipped trying to take it off and broke a connection in the housing. Thinking I may have shorted something out when my screwdriver touched some metal in the housing.

Now my interior map light and vanity lights and garage opener won't turn on/work. Strange but when I open my doors, my map lights still go on. Hoping it's just a fuse.

Can anyone provide guidance where I can find his fuse or a fix? (Is it fuse #1 "demand lamps" as listed in the manual?).

I know this is an old thread, but did you ever get this issue resolved?
I'm having the same problem. I have LED map lights installed, but ever since the install no other lights work (vanity lights, trunk lights, map lights). The map lights only come on when I open my doors. It's very frustrating!!
the same here all you need is to change fuse #1 Demand lamps and you good to go

Reactions: af3

ddaarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush RS2
Regarding the vanity mirrors only. Unscrew the mirror from the visor. Press on the little momentary switch top center, it should light up. If not swap polarity or change out the bulbs. When you reinstall the mirror close the lid. There is a tab that operates the momentary switch to turn the lights on. Screw in the mirror and check that lights turn on. Hope that works.

AQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Regarding the vanity mirrors only. Unscrew the mirror from the visor. Press on the little momentary switch top center, it should light up. If not swap polarity or change out the bulbs. When you reinstall the mirror close the lid. There is a tab that operates the momentary switch to turn the lights on. Screw in the mirror and check that lights turn on. Hope that works.
Actually my driver side vanity lights stop working still the factory bulbs
and the bulbs still work when i switch it to passenger side

so how do i swap the polarity?

Sponsored

ddaarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush RS2
Take out the bulb and twist it 180deg to switch polarity.

Brewddha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium w/PP
Same issue here. No mods or anything to cause it, so I'll have to check fuse #1. Thanks [MENTION=29643]AQ[/MENTION], I had wondered if it was a fuse but hadn't tracked it down yet. Will check it out and report back.

OrangeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium Competition Orange
Word of advice fellas. Always take off the negative terminal of the battery when doing ANY electrical work.
Sponsored