Sponsored

Interior ambient temp sensor issue?

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I know a lot of people have AC leak issues. Mine is some what odd. My interior ambient temperature sensor is not reading consistently. As a result, my AC will not cool off my interior fast enough unless I set temperature to LOW, then it blows cold air so there is nothing wrong with the AC refrigerant.
I have compared to my 2018 Subaru WRX and the interior temperature difference is huge when set to the same temperature.
Anyone has the same issues? It happens more often when I restart the engine right away like for example getting gas. The interior is warm but the AC only blows air on low setting even when I have everything on Auto.
I also notice in the winter, the heater would overheat the interior for the first 5 minutes as well making it very uncomfortable.
Sponsored

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
I know a lot of people have AC leak issues. Mine is some what odd. My interior ambient temperature sensor is not reading consistently. As a result, my AC will not cool off my interior fast enough unless I set temperature to LOW, then it blows cold air so there is nothing wrong with the AC refrigerant.
I have compared to my 2018 Subaru WRX and the interior temperature difference is huge when set to the same temperature.
Anyone has the same issues? It happens more often when I restart the engine right away like for example getting gas. The interior is warm but the AC only blows air on low setting even when I have everything on Auto.
I also notice in the winter, the heater would overheat the interior for the first 5 minutes as well making it very uncomfortable.
Ever resolve this? I know it's a long time.

Fleco17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josr
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt
Ever resolve this? I know it's a long time.
Had the same issue on mine, took it in to the dealer, replaced the interior sensor and did some reprogramming on the ac side. Works great now.:headbang:

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
anyone have the part # for the base GT?
Sponsored