Sponsored

installed vertical links and sway bar now lots of noises

Randy954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Pp
So like the title says installed a set of steeda vertical links and a whiteline rear sway bar with endlinks. Now i have a clunking noise when i go over small bumps and a squeeking noise at times. I made sure the bushings on the sway bar were lubed up. Its only coming from the driver rear side. So im not sure what it could be. Any suggestions or ideas?
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Check the swaybar end-links are properly tightened and make sure this was done either with both wheels in the air or both on the ground. That should fix the clunking! :)

If your still getting squeaking after that, particular in up and down motion on suspension then re-fit stock vertical links and see if it goes away.

OP
OP

Randy954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Pp
Check the swaybar end-links are properly tightened and make sure this was done either with both wheels in the air or both on the ground. That should fix the clunking! :)

If your still getting squeaking after that, particular in up and down motion on suspension then re-fit stock vertical links and see if it goes away.
So are you saying with the car jacked up to keep the tires on and tighten the vertical links? i installed them with the car in the air and tires off the car. I dont know if that makes a difference or not

OP
OP

Randy954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Pp
so i took off the sway bar endlink where the noise was coming from and sure enough the noise went away. it was a lil loose when taking it off so i reinstalled and torqued the shit out of it...so im about to go on another test drive and see if the noise goes away.

OP
OP

Randy954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Pp
Went for a test drive and all is well. Must've been a loose endlink

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Went for a test drive and all is well. Must've been a loose endlink
It's SO nice to have that taken care of isn't it? Nothing more frustrating than driving around a car that's clunking.

hedonest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Competition orange 2015 GT
It's SO nice to have that taken care of isn't it? Nothing more frustrating than driving around a car that's clunking.
You start missing it after driving with the clunking for while...;) :p
Sponsored