Installed Steeda Short Throw and Magnaflow Street Catback

Lazyitis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
GT
I'm gonna try to stay on good terms with my neighbors since I leave by 6:30 during the week. I might just go with turning mine into an axle back and reusing the stock resonator.
Borla makes an EU version of their Touring - Part # 1014040. Certain to be quiet, maybe they'll sell you the resonator from that kit. Should have some tone at least.
Sponsored

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
Kinchy, first off, thank you for choosing our Street catback for your Mustang. The mufflers in your new system take about 500-1000 miles to completely break in, and you will usually notice a change in the tone over this period. If there are any other questions we can help you with, please feel free to give us a shout by phone or PM.

skistoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 20" CO
I always thought h-pipe or x-pipe with stock axle backs was the go-to for slightly louder, but not "full cat back" loud?
I also went with just the h-pipe install, and still have the stock mufflers.

A little louder at idle, a real good sound when you hit the right pedal.

Just what I was looking for

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Turn down the hearing aid, gramps! LOL!!
Hey, I'm almost there myself at 53. But what magnaflow stated below holds a lot of truth. Mine made a dramatic sound change when broken in. It also put out a lot of funny smells (kind of like me) during the break in period too.
If it is still too loud after it breaks in, you might consider stock mufflers with one of the H pipe's that replace the resonator.

Kinchy, first off, thank you for choosing our Street catback for your Mustang. The mufflers in your new system take about 500-1000 miles to completely break in, and you will usually notice a change in the tone over this period. If there are any other questions we can help you with, please feel free to give us a shout by phone or PM.

Phlyguy

International SAR Pilot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT with Recaro Seats
Just wanted to provide some feedback for others that may be considering these two mods. The shifter (part # 555-7316) is simply a huge improvement over stock - especially for $115.00. Not only are the throws shortened but the entire box feels more solid compared to the OEM configuration. As far as the Magnaflow Street goes it's a bit louder than I had hoped. I do love the sound but I'm sure my neighbors don't at 6:30 AM. If you keep the RPMs where they belong the Magnaflow is as advertised. The sound it makes on deceleration may be desirable to some but I find it annoying. That said I'm a senior citizen so that's probably my problem. Considering both mods were installed and the price tag was under $1000 I'll stop whining.
I have the MF street series catback system and I LOVE it! The neighbors LOVE it (Greensburg PA rural area) and so far, no complaints on the street. That short throw shifter...I'm going to have to check it out (thanks for including the part #):clap2:

Sponsored

Dawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT convertible
I have a 15 GT convertible. There were only two alternatives for the verts. Magnaflow street and MBRP street. I opted for the MBRP. Big mistake. Magnaflow street purchased from Amercan Muscle and on its way to my installer.

My biggest issue is the Coyote just doesn't sound as good as a good old fashioned cam in block two valve V8.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I have a 15 GT convertible. There were only two alternatives for the verts. Magnaflow street and MBRP street. I opted for the MBRP. Big mistake. Magnaflow street purchased from Amercan Muscle and on its way to my installer.

My biggest issue is the Coyote just doesn't sound as good as a good old fashioned cam in block two valve V8.
Reading threads like yours makes me feel good for going ahead and dropping the big bucks on my Magnaflow. Helps with the sticker shock I had when buying it. I almost went with the MBRP.
Yea, getting use to a whole new sound takes some time. I grew up with pushrod V8 performance running through my veins. It's kind of like having a life long love affair with Harley Davidson and waking up one day to them changing over to an inline 4. But the Coyote sound grows on you quick.
Sponsored