Sponsored

Inflatable paddle board

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
Have any of you had any experience with these? I’m looking at the blackfin xl, primarily for the wife to take on vacation. Her concern is the inflatable part. Is it rigid enough etc. thanks
Sponsored

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
They are pretty stable.
I have a fiberglass one and love it. But the inflatables are pretty sweet.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Inflatables are incredibly rigid, it's almost magic :D

For decades I've surfed, skim boarded, SUP'ed, but mostly the latter in my autumn years :D It's really fun to knock around in the intracoastal, but you can also ride waves, you can stand, sti like a Kayak, we take them on boats, or just down to the point (usually do a 1/2 inflate at home, just fold it and stash it in the cargo area).

I've had solid construction, but nothing beats the convenience (and weight) of the inflatable. About 15 minutes with the [usually supplied] pump, or a little electric pump with an adapter.

A Blackfin is nice, but a touch on the expensive side for something that might not be an ongoing hobbie, and/or sit in the bag after one trip. Look into something like a Roc, you can get it as a bundle with a bag/backpack, pump, a serviceable paddle, leash for usually under $400 (on Amazon).

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
my gf had one, it kept her in shape, but she ended up buying a real one and never looked back. but the real one was pricy. that said, I watched her use the inflatable pretty often never an issue. just tedious inflating/deflating. we bought a trailer we tossed kayak/paddle boards on. worked out well

OP
OP
JCFoster

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
Update, she likes the blackfin. It’s fairly rigid and being able to take it on vacation in the vehicle or plane is the main purpose. Naturally If we were close to the ocean she’d get a hard board. I will say the air compressor is a must. I plug it in and let it go while I’m doing other things. I haven’t even tried hand pumping it.
Sponsored