Inconsistent carbon build-up

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
hello,
I am in the process of installing my whipple kit. As I pulled the intake manifold and saw the ports it appears there is a significant amount of carbon build up on the driver side ports. Likely double the amount of that I’m seeing on the passenger side which in my opinion is a normal amount for 25k miles on 93... but I’m not expert.
That being said, I’m thinking the side of the head is either getting too much fuel or not enough air. would that attributed to the stock IM or stocktune? Idk
Another consideration (perhaps) is that one never ran an oil catch can? Not really sure I’m somewhat confused and this is a bone stock engine... not even an intake.
Sponsored

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
hello,
I am in the process of installing my whipple kit. As I pulled the intake manifold and saw the ports it appears there is a significant amount of carbon build up on the driver side ports. Likely double the amount of that I’m seeing on the passenger side which in my opinion is a normal amount for 25k miles on 93... but I’m not expert.
That being said, I’m thinking the side of the head is either getting too much fuel or not enough air. would that attributed to the stock IM or stocktune? Idk
Another consideration (perhaps) is that one never ran an oil catch can? Not really sure I’m somewhat confused and this is a bone stock engine... not even an intake.
i guess that's why everyone suggests passenger side catch can

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Actually, anybody knows why passenger side draws more oil? Should passenger/driver sides be the same?

What's different between sides?
Sponsored