Sponsored

Impossible to wash

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2015 V6 Manual (3.55 diff)
The front grill on the non GTs and the rear panel emblem... They are impossible to clean. The front honeycomb style grill stays dirty and sticking a cleaning mit in there is undoable. The rear horse emblem with tribar has such tight angles that it would take a q-tip to clean around... On a black gloss panel the dirt really sticks out.
Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Just take it to a mechanical car wash, they get everything clean on my car.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
I was gonna try soapy water and a soft-bristled toothbrush to get the bug corpses out of the honeycomb. :D
Not sure if it would be wise to clean a rear emblem using that method without the black plastic panel getting scratched, however... :shrug:

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
On a black gloss panel the dirt really sticks out.
Granted it is very dusty out lately because of all the sand and whatnot that was layed out for winter, but my black rear panel is ALWAYS dirty. I can wash the car, or dust the panel, and within 5 minutes it's dusty again.:frusty:

Someone (probably a child in my neighbourhood) put an "A" after the GT in the dust on the rear panel. Sure, real witty, but keep your grubby fingers off my car!

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Someone (probably a child in my neighbourhood) put an "A" after the GT in the dust on the rear panel. Sure, real witty, but keep your grubby fingers off my car!
At least it's more polite than GTFO. :headbonk:
:doh:
sorry

Sponsored

Jeeden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Well, maybe something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys...779&sr=8-3&keywords=chemical+guys+wheel+brush

You could run it back and forth on the back like a tooth brush and it would get in the nooks without scratching. Chemical guys has a video of them cleaning the barrel of some painted wheels and it looks really soft. You could try the same on the front grill. If it doesn't work on the front grill, maybe a baby bottle brush?

Even though I plan to detail my car often, I plan to take it to a car wash and not wash it myself. Part of it might be we have THE best car wash in the country...that's right, I said it...It's my therapy to take the cars to get cleaned there...

http://stationautowash.com/

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Yeah the honeycomb is the worst, whoever allowed that design needs to spend a day trying to clean the dry bug guts out of it. I will be replacing that as soon as I find the perfect grill.

Catfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500, 2003 Cobra, 2015 GT PP
Ford racing has an emblem free rear panel available.

Wolfman625

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT in Deep impact Blue
pressure washer always works for me

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
A soft long handle wash brush will easily solve your problem. You can buy them pretty much anywhere.

Sponsored

Herr Squid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Ecoboost Premium
Yeah, I had a pretty good tumbleweed strike on a highway trip this weekend ("evergreen state", hah!) and need to dig spiny twigs and other debris out of my grill and splitter. A pressure washer may indeed be my best option but I can't help but feel that there should be something better. Maybe a good stiff brush is the ticket.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Yeah, I had a pretty good tumbleweed strike on a highway trip this weekend ("evergreen state", hah!) and need to dig spiny twigs and other debris out of my grill and splitter. A pressure washer may indeed be my best option but I can't help but feel that there should be something better. Maybe a good stiff brush is the ticket.
Wow...sounds like a good smack of a tumbleweed has the potential to put some light scratches in your paint, what with the spiny twigs? :eek:

mvp90805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race red mustang GT premium
It's easy to clean, some ap cleaner a soft brush a nut log brush ect

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
A tumbleweed attack, I have seen it all.

OP
OP
DJGold

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2015 V6 Manual (3.55 diff)