Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
does the grill have to come off? i would prefer not to take bumper off... if so im ready to order!

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
does the grill have to come off? i would prefer not to take bumper off... if so im ready to order!
No, neither the grill nor the bumper have to come off.

Here's a video that shows how to install the pony. I didn't have to remove the hood latch, easy to work around it. I found it easiest to do the wiring from the bottom, remove the belly pan.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]C263cSiqYFY[/MEDIA]"]

Last edited:

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
will i have any problem installing this on a metal mesh grille? one click away from ordering!

does it turn on when i turn on my fogs? or its constantly on? unless i get controller? just want white color

OP
OP
Xlume

Xlume

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.x-lume.com
Vehicle(s)
JEEP
No. Written instructions are included and an install video will be on our webiste shortly.

No, neither the grill nor the bumper have to come off.

Here's a video that shows how to install the pony. I didn't have to remove the hood latch, easy to work around it. I found it easiest to do the wiring from the bottom, remove the belly pan.

You have an EB so no need to remove the hood latch (we actually say that it's not required in the instructions). EB's don't have an air deflector in the way like the GT does. All our wiring is done from the top, so no need to remove the splash panel underneath.

will i have any problem installing this on a metal mesh grille? one click away from ordering!

does it turn on when i turn on my fogs? or its constantly on? unless i get controller? just want white color
You would need some kind of washer to cover the mesh area where the OEM style pins are located as they are held in place with OEM lock washers.

Our instructions are to wire it into the headlights, but nothing to stop you wiring into your fogs if you prefer. With white or any other single colour you dont need the controller, the controller is only for RGB.

Sponsored

cvaughn1084

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB
New to all of the lighting and wiring. What does the optional repeater do?

scoobydoonut

Texas Mustang Crazy GIRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wendy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
New to all of the lighting and wiring. What does the optional repeater do?
I got mine today !!! I haven't installed it yet but was going through the box and directions etc . I believe the repeater is the little black box that hooks up to the RGB controller . This way you know what your car is displaying inside . It's all pretty cool looking . Can't wait as it's going on my car tomorrow

OP
OP
Xlume

Xlume

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.x-lume.com
Vehicle(s)
JEEP
I got mine today !!! I haven't installed it yet but was going through the box and directions etc . I believe the repeater is the little black box that hooks up to the RGB controller . This way you know what your car is displaying inside . It's all pretty cool looking . Can't wait as it's going on my car tomorrow
Will sit down 2nite and put video up on install... to help a little with instructions, but its pretty similar to single color just controller /drivers.

Will be interesting if you could get the repeater inside the car the AUS/EURO i couldnt find a hole because everything switched over.

Let me know how you go

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I filled out a contact form on your web site a few days ago. How long is it usually until someone answers?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Check your junk/spam folders. I sent you an email two days ago?
Thank you sir, exactly right. I found a timely response there. I just don't usually go into my junk folder, scary place. ;) I just may have to do this!

OP
OP
Xlume

Xlume

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.x-lume.com
Vehicle(s)
JEEP
Just an update for anyone that is still awaiting there badge. We have sourced a new plating company in Australia and are waiting for his samples to arrive. Pics look like it could be better that our previous plater (plating is the chrome or black chrome surface finish in case you were wondering). So if his samples are as good as his pics we will get some stock from him within 2-3 weeks which means we should be able to ship more badges out by the end of March. We understand it's frustrating for some of you and it's just as frustrating for us, but we dont want to send out inferior product that wont stand up to our standards. Please be patient with us a bit longer, as you can see in earlier posts, the results are amazing.

Xlume team
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.