Sponsored

I was stopped at a RR crossing watching this go by yesterday. :)

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
Driving near the small town of Knightsen yesterday morning, east of the SF Bay Area, I was stopped at a railroad crossing to see cars like this heading east bound. :D

These deadheading BSNF train cars better hurry up back to Flat Rock. My convertible just went to 'Awaiting Shipment' yesterday! Oh, and there is a shit load of 2/2 - 2/9 built Mustangs feelin' like poor step children with there thumbs out lookin' for a ride to their new homes!!!
Auto train car.jpg
Sponsored

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
This weekend I was going out a bit north to a pheasant ranch to do some shooting and saw a ton of autorack cars lined up in Benicia waiting to get unloaded or re-routed. I couldn't help but think about when I was tracking my C7 on it's trip exactly one year earlier as it passed through that station on it's way down to Milpitas for unloading.

Funny pic, to save space in 1968 they experimented with loading Chevy Vega's vertically to get 30 cars on a railcar instead of the normal 18. They did this until 1973 and had to have special oil baffles and other parts on the Vega to be shipped this way, along with slots to allow the hooks to hold the cars. :)

acelefty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Woohoo! My convertible went awaiting shipment this morning too - but mine has to pass through Benicia on its way to Fresno :(
Sponsored