Sponsored

I own a C7 but I'm thinking about switching to an S550

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Do not own one but my father does and I have driven it enough to formulate an opinion...
Point made. You dont own it and dont DD it. Moving on.
Sponsored

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Point made. You dont own it and dont DD it. Moving on.
What ever dude. :crazy:
Most of what I wrote was about the 5.0. I am on my 3rd coyote Stang since 2010 and am plenty ''qualified'' to express my opinion about that.
I have driven my fathers C7 more than some owners that keep them as their garage queens.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I loved my C7 did you not read my long post. I just don't look at it through rose colored glasses....don't you have some EB guys to troll?
LOL your calling me a troll after your 14 angry responses in this thread??? :lol:

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
LOL your calling me a troll after your 14 angry responses in this thread??? [emoji38]
Angry? Step outside and gobble some fresh air. Lol

People inject their own emotion into black and white text...

this place gets funnier by the moment[emoji85] [emoji87] [emoji86]

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
What ever dude. :crazy:
Most of what I wrote was about the 5.0. I am on my 3rd coyote Stang since 2010 and am plenty ''qualified'' to express my opinion about that.
I have driven my fathers C7 more than some owners that keep them as their garage queens.

The 2010 wasn't a Coyote...... It was a 4.6L

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB

Tm@c1965

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 GT Mustang, 2014 SRT Challenger
Why not get one of these?

...They slashed prices on 14' Vipers. You can get a new one for not much more than a loaded Vette.

I belong to a Mopar club. The Vipers have great build quality inside and out. They sound tremendous.
2014-srt-viper-ta_100422033_l.jpg

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
True, but it sounded like you had a 2010

Sent from my iPhone6 using Tapatalk
It was me you were talking about and I will clarify.
I bought a 2011 mustang gt when they first came out back in August of 2010 which was unfortunately totaled (not my fault) shortly after :(. I didn't mention it or put in my signature because I only owned it a few months. So technically I've owned 4 coyote mustangs :).

Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Honestly the interior build quality on most American cars is crap. A Honda Civic has a sturdier interior feel and with little to no random noises either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
Well I've owned both and been on hell of a Rollercoaster. Let me try to keep it simple and a note. I love both cars neither is perfect.

1. Practicality.

The C7 for DD duty did start to wear abit. Falling in and climbing out. It wasn't too bad but a bit of a hassle. Also my auto memory seats worked about....20% of the time normally I would have to hold the button at a certain angle to engage it. The trunk on the C7 was great so that wasn't a problem.

The Mustang I have no DD complaints or concerns.

2. Build Quality (For both I'll list problems)

The C7 with each tick of the odometer became more of a heart break.

1. GPS didn't work day 1. It took 3 weeks and 4 visits to fix. Solution was to wrap aluminum foil duct tape around the coax cable for the track cam...

2. By 5000 miles. The driver door, center vent, driver mirror, passenger side trunk panel and Targa had terrible rattles.

3. Seat Vetilation bottom "cooling" couldn't be felt

4. Paint "bubble" on Targa top almost looked like clear was coming away from the paint. GM rep told me it must have been something I did......

5. Center infotainment flickered black once but never again.

6. By 5000 miles the windshield looked sand blasted

7. Window air leak sound that they said was by design....

The S550 has surprisingly been much better then my 2011 and 2008 mustangs.

1. Driver side vent rattle

2. A/C seat backs barely/not cooling

3. Weak windshield. I mosquito fart would chip it.

For (I'll compare window msrp) 41k vs 62k I would have expected far less problems with the C7

3. Performance. I'm not going to go into depth but hit a few key notes.

I miss the C7 initial torque it made you torque drunk like my Challenger. Though when I raced a bolt on 2013 base GT with boss intake, CAI, catback, tune, 3.73s and 250lb passenger. Kept up with me at my rear quarter panel on 3 roll races from 30 I was quite shocked. The C7 always felt flat up near redline.

The C7 had this sexy exotic sound.
I also love the brutality of the 5.0 with H Pipe and Outlaws.

The modding is no question. The C7 was super expensive to mod....just because. Corsa Extreme Valve Backs which is like an axel back $1500. CAI were looking 8 to 900. Also unless you do a cam swap the LT1 didn't benefit much from mods.

4. Gadgets

1. F@%K Mylink if you think MFT is bad (which I love MFT) then go use Mylink you'll run far and fast.

2. F@%K OnStar...........

3. I miss the C7 track camera and digital dash.

4. I also miss the Rev matching M7 but I don't miss it's clunkiness.

5. Laggy driving mode changes was obnoxious in the C7. The mustang toggles are instant.

6. The C7 sound system was "better" not as loud as S550 premium system but better all around sound in the C7.

7. Also call me gimmicky but I love the Mustang MyColor dash and ambient lights.

They both have some cool tech nothing breaks my heart not having though.

5. Cool Factor/Crowd

S550 turns some heads and people love Guard

C7 felt like everyone was staring at it all the time. I would love Laguna Blue Mustang.

Mustang you get the Challenger/Camaro knuckleheads.

C7 you had Z06 owners, Porsche and GTR guys. Yay........

Neither one was better though I had a Gen 5 camaro guy come up to me and compare his Camaro Gen 5 to my C7 saying from the factory it has 444 vs my 460 and how embarrassing the C7 horsepower was.......yeah....he also said I bought the LT2 which I must be poor because I didn't buy a C7 SS.....yes he was serious.

To sum it up I loved my C7. Do I miss it? Damn straight. Am I glad some dumb ass ran it over and I was able to break even and get my down payment back? Yup.

The C7 was great but it's not a DD and I even had the non Z51 so the car meant for DD use. It just felt out of place and the gearing you couldn't have fun in because by the time you shift at redline you're in ticket territory so you couldn't even have fun rowing the gears around town. I want another. I'll get another but as my toy car.

The mustang in general is the better choice for me. I know the weak willed will point at the magazine numbers and care about status or something. For me I'm enjoying my Mustang alot more. More fun, better modding. More practical. Yes I'll also say better quality....oh and the 5.0 sounds 10x better then the LT1 jussssss sayin. Haha
Thanks for that comparison review. It helped me feel justified about my S550 purchase!

I initially looked at and test drove (several times) a C7 Z51 before settling on the S550. I always wanted to own a Corvette and after driving my friend's C6 ZR1 and riding in his replacement C7 Z07 (Aero 2), I got 'vette fever.

Coming from previous Mustangs, I felt the seating position was what I would have to adjust to the most - I felt like I was almost laying on my back in the 'vette. I couldn't really wring out the C7 on test drives or the S550 5.0 so I could'nt tell which "felt" more powerful even though the C7 was on paper, but both had enough for a daily driver.

In the end, DD comfort and practicality won out so I went with the S550. No regrets here as it makes for a fantastic daily driver.

C7 mods sound as expensive as the "M" tax levied on all BMW M mods - its price gouging at its best.

Avdb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Lotus, Raptor
I would keep the c7. Mustangs are nice but could do with looking a bit more sporty.

dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Conv V6 4.0; 2016 BMW 340i
Keep the Vette! Get a V6 051a 3.55 Stang for a DD.
Sponsored