95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
My tire places say they can't get the two correct tires in each size with current dates.

I am looking for a business that can change the tires properly, so the air pressure shows correctly on my dash. I've checked and doubled checked and found the sensors on my original tires work perfectly.
Sponsored

Jeffwels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage, 2016 BMW X5M
I will be trying SC3 next. Not fast, but consistent and good for learning from what I hear.
I wouldn't call the SC3's not fast. I'd actually say if you're looking for consistent fast lap times over a HPDE weekend they are the best tire for the dollar.

I have a 2020 and ran the stock cup 2's at Pittrace until they were destroyed (only took 1 weekend, car had 1000 miles when had to replace the cup 2's and that includes the 500 mile drive home on the highway when I bought the car). I switched to the SC3's and my lap times are still dead on where the Cup2's were. Temps and other conditions vary so I'm sure all things equal the cup 2's may drop a half second on the same day... but the SC2's are significantly more consistent at temp, have lasted a hell of a lot longer, and can actually run in the wet safely... on my 3rd weekend on them between VIR and Pittrace with life left. I'm actually amazed how much of a beating the SC3's can take.

I highly recommend SC3's... If you want a cup 2 replacement I would grab the SC3R's in a heartbeat.

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2012 Leaf daily
My tire places say they can't get the two correct tires in each size with current dates.

I am looking for a business that can change the tires properly, so the air pressure shows correctly on my dash. I've checked and doubled checked and found the sensors on my original tires work perfectly.
If you buy the tpms sync tool which is relatively affordable, you can program them to the right corner yourself.

I also think there's a distinct difference in meaning between "correct" and great tires. There's so many versions of the cup 2, I'm not sure they have the exact one you're looking for, but there are 3 different kinds available at 305/30 which won't make any perceivable difference run square on the stock wheels.

There's also tons of other great tires out there depending on your desired use (PS4S, SC3, SC3R, etc. etc.)
Sponsored