Sponsored

I believe I may have been seduced by the Dark Side

BLKMGK350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
New owner here. First time Mustang owner and surprised. Don't get me wrong I always liked them and I love Ford. Always owned Ford trucks. I was just not big into Mustangs and had always dreamed of owning a Corvette since I was about 5 years old, bought books about them, read magazines about them, built models of them. Have owned lots of sports cars over the years and for some reason just never bought a Corvette. And here I found myself on the hunt for a C7 Z06 or a GT350 and that was a complete shock to me. When we had our daughter I knew that dream was on hold till she was finished school and that was all paid for. Well that day has come and I have been looking for about a year. I just knew the C7 was the car no questions about it. They finally nailed the design and I really loved the C6 Z06 with that 427, they just missed the mark on the interior. But the C7 hit it in that department as well.

I have a good friend that is a big car guy and someone who's opinion I value highly, that also happens to be a big mustang fan, who kept saying man you really need to check out the GT350. This is not your typical straight line mustang and a completely fresh take on every aspect from handling to interior to braking to this incredible flat plane crank that will remind you of an old school Ferrari engine. I am big into cars that handle and brake well. Love and owned a few Porsche's. Enjoy weekend DE track events and the twisties so these were all things that were speaking my language and what I was after. He just said don't make up your mind without at least driving the GT350. And I'm thinking but I'm just not a mustang guy......

Though I will freely admit I have always absolutely loved the Shelby cars I just knew the car I had been waiting for since I was a kid was a Corvette. So I went down to the Chevy dealership and drove a C7. I enjoyed it but man I must admit I felt almost underwhelmed. It was almost like the car was too smooth. It felt like I was disconnected from the driving experience. It was a beautiful car but I was surprised with my reaction. A few weeks later the Ford dealership across the street got in a GT350 so I went down to see what it was all about. The moment I fired that engine up the sound made the hair on my arm stand up. I just could not get enough of the way this car felt, handled, braked, and OMG that sound was just addictive. What is this voodoo ;-). I had never experienced a mustang that was even remotely anything close to what this thing is. I was smiling like a 12yr old with Heidi Klum in my living room the entire test drive. They just flat out nailed it. There is just something so special about this car and I really don't think we will ever see another big displacement N/A engine like this one get produced. Color me a convert. My plate should read NOMOVET.
Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
New owner here. First time Mustang owner and surprised. Don't get me wrong I always liked them and I love Ford. Always owned Ford trucks. I was just not big into Mustangs and had always dreamed of owning a Corvette since I was about 5 years old, bought books about them, read magazines about them, built models of them. Have owned lots of sports cars over the years and for some reason just never bought a Corvette. And here I found myself on the hunt for a C7 Z06 or a GT350 and that was a complete shock to me. When we had our daughter I knew that dream was on hold till she was finished school and that was all paid for. Well that day has come and I have been looking for about a year. I just knew the C7 was the car no questions about it. They finally nailed the design and I really loved the C6 Z06 with that 427, they just missed the mark on the interior. But the C7 hit it in that department as well.

I have a good friend that is a big car guy and someone who's opinion I value highly, that also happens to be a big mustang fan, who kept saying man you really need to check out the GT350. This is not your typical straight line mustang and a completely fresh take on every aspect from handling to interior to braking to this incredible flat plane crank that will remind you of an old school Ferrari engine. I am big into cars that handle and brake well. Love and owned a few Porsche's. Enjoy weekend DE track events and the twisties so these were all things that were speaking my language and what I was after. He just said don't make up your mind without at least driving the GT350. And I'm thinking but I'm just not a mustang guy......

Though I will freely admit I have always absolutely loved the Shelby cars I just knew the car I had been waiting for since I was a kid was a Corvette. So I went down to the Chevy dealership and drove a C7. I enjoyed it but man I must admit I felt almost underwhelmed. It was almost like the car was too smooth. It felt like I was disconnected from the driving experience. It was a beautiful car but I was surprised with my reaction. A few weeks later the Ford dealership across the street got in a GT350 so I went down to see what it was all about. The moment I fired that engine up the sound made the hair on my arm stand up. I just could not get enough of the way this car felt, handled, braked, and OMG that sound was just addictive. What is this voodoo ;-). I had never experienced a mustang that was even remotely anything close to what this thing is. I was smiling like a 12yr old with Heidi Klum in my living room the entire test drive. They just flat out nailed it. There is just something so special about this car and I really don't think we will ever see another big displacement N/A engine like this one get produced. Color me a convert. My plate should read NOMOVET.
Great story. First time I fired up a GT350R the exhaust had me. From that moment the search was on for realistically priced R.

OP
OP
BLKMGK350

BLKMGK350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
Well I found the right deal a few weeks ago and picked her up. Now the journey begins.

sXHJzhkvXkb70gS4XovzehsCmIa8kYqop78yHAjkwKR60b-2YEzydBQgsF9NbbY5jWnUijoCSbnmmxZwM=w2163-h1325-no.jpg

Absolutely hated to pick her up in this weather but it rained for about 3 weeks straight so I had no choice. Picked the lightest day and spent 2 hours putting Tracwrap on the front to protect her for the drive back. Had about an hour drive home in this crappy weather and drove straight to the graphics shop to drop her off for Xpel clear wrap on the front and new stripes to match a custom bike I just finished building and then ceramic. Looks like shit but does its job and comes off without issues.

OnmbqDMdmnyJhcr_Oz3nBW-PFali9vpGToLoWq-o0W69BUWQxFYeOmbw6_S5_5eSuJ4YAXGLq3pPzOxAL=w1768-h1325-no.jpg

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
You are not the first to do that, nor the last.

Sponsored

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
awesome and congrats. i recently got a black gt350r and didnt get that "drive it home from the dealer" experience. i wish i could have, but this video is my R being delivered. just glad i got one. and when it fires up (at the 13 second mark), it's the first time i ever heard it...after purchase! :rockon:

congrats again!

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I used to be a hardcore Z06 fan and for years had planned on getting one. After getting the R I've never had any regrets.

ltcolton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
350R,Trackhawk,FocusRS,911,R8GT,S2000,AlfaGiulia
Purchased my GT350R from Virginia in early January and it finally made it home to California last week. Today was the first day of fair weather and took her out for a drive. I'm an old guy but this car makes me feel like I'm in high school again. Love the bare bones feeling of the interior and the sound of an V8 is music to my ears. Pictures of her coming home last week.
20190131_111609.jpg
20190131_112547.jpg

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
If you're loving it now just wait until you track it! Congrats, enjoy and thanks for sharing the story.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Congrats!
I too was between a C7Z and a 350R....can’t go wrong with either!

Sponsored
OP
OP
BLKMGK350

BLKMGK350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
I used to be a hardcore Z06 fan and for years had planned on getting one. After getting the R I've never had any regrets.
I know, I see them all the time and am just happier with my decision each time!! And the best part, since 2016 I've only ever seen one GT350 out on the road. These truly are special cars and I feel blessed to be among the few that have one.

OP
OP
BLKMGK350

BLKMGK350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
If you're loving it now just wait until you track it! Congrats, enjoy and thanks for sharing the story.
No doubt!! Can't wait to hit NOLA Motorsports.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
17LB GT350 12 FX35 09 G37S. Past rides 87 and 88 Fox body GT
I think NOLA has a open track day on 2-22-19 I am thinking about going with my 17 GT350 pm me if you are serious about going. I am trying to get a friend To track his Dodge SRT track pack and his brother with a Daytona but they chicken they might break something....lmao life of a Dodge...hahahaha... I

OP
OP
BLKMGK350

BLKMGK350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
I’ll give it 6 months before this man trades it in for an R
LOL Actually I drove this one a little over a week before I pulled the trigger on mine.

qvVh2tDazgXqDxijCmc9RHh8upF3uG1Apu1IuPwtxnV4Oia96f_i8umXhcTvEBM4IvxmsmmNl4xp1piTF=w2410-h1805-no.jpg

They were begging me to take it. It had been on their lot for almost a year. The only upside to me was the wheels. Once they quit selling the rear seat kit the R was a deal killer. I still want the ability to take my little girl with me on a trip if she wants to go. Ok, she's 18 but she'll always be my little girl. I know I can just put a regular Mustang rear seat in the back but it will no longer match the fabric or red stitching of the front R seats. That was a bad move in my book. They had that car on the lot for a year and I was the first person to drive it....... When we got back the sales guy says to his buddy "DAMN that guy can drive!!" LOL......... I didn't even want to drive it.
Sponsored