Sponsored

HRE wheels weight and sized matched for GT350R

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
To any HRE rep or any wheel vendor...Myself and others would want to buy weight and size matched wheels for our 2015-17 GT350R in Alumninum. Until we know more about the magnaride and how rotational weight affects the system we will most likely stay with similar weight.

I'd rather tear up a set of $3200 wheels than $120000 wheels. Looking for same or similar look. I'm sure someone will get specs to you guys soon but it would be nice and I think you can do 19" aluminum at nearly the same weight. Let us know if this is something you are looking into. Track duty. One time sliding off track can ding, chunk, and scratch an expensive wheel! Even an HRE isn't cheap but CF wheels coming on the R will go on a shelf except for some driving.

Plus a set of good track day tires will go on them.

Thanks.
Sponsored

FlowForm_Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hrewheels.com
First Name
HRE Wheels
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thank you for your interest in running HRE as a second set. There has been quite a bit of interest from future GT350R owners. Below is going to be your best bet and by far the most popular Forged options.

One thing to note, I do know the offsets of both the GT350 and GT350R wheels as I received this information from Ford. I have promised not to share so please just understand this and know that the weights I have listed below are for the exact dia/width/offset you will have on your GT350R Carbon wheels.

R101

Front 19x11: 21.5 lbs
Rear 19x11.5: 20.7 lbs

RC100

Front 19x11: 22.2 lbs
Rear 19x11.5: 21.5 lbs

Both options include standard knurling on bead seat to help prevent tire slippage in track use.

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Greg and I worked out a nice set of HRE's for the GT350 we're getting:)

With all that being said, I'm curious to know how sensitive the change in rotational mass is actually going to affect the magnaride. We went with the GT350 + Magnaride but not the R so going with HRE's we may be going lighter, I'm wondering what the difference is going to be. hmmmm

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer

With all that being said, I'm curious to know how sensitive the change in rotational mass is actually going to affect the magnaride. We went with the GT350 + Magnaride but not the R so going with HRE's we may be going lighter, I'm wondering what the difference is going to be. hmmmm
It wasn't much of an impact with the Corvette guys. Lots of peeps went a changed wheels with the ZR-1. Some heavier, some lighter. It's computer controlled.

carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP

Hey Jay, according to what I have seen, the non-R wheels are around the 30 lb mark so you will be dropping a lot of weight!

I agree with Beefcake, I don't think we will see a measurable impact in regards to increasing wheel weight a few lbs each in regards to the R's Carbon wheels.

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
At $3200.00 there may not be many options from HRE or Forgeline or CCW or BBS that would be light weight, track capable wheels. I imagine you'd be spending upwards of 1000.00 to 3000.00 per wheel / 4000.00 to 12,000.00 per set for any of those company's wheels.

carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Lol. I am not Beefcake but Terry is a great guy.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Hahaha, sorry I just remembered seeing his logo in your post and did not realize it wasn't him. :D

At $3200.00 there may not be many options from HRE or Forgeline or CCW or BBS that would be light weight, track capable wheels. I imagine you'd be spending upwards of 1000.00 to 3000.00 per wheel / 4000.00 to 12,000.00 per set for any of those company's wheels.
This is true, I was going to mention but thought I would just cut straight to the wheels. For around the $3k mark for a full set of wheels you are looking at quality flow formed wheels from ourselves, BBS and Rays.

For quality forged wheels from ourselves, BBS, Rays and Forgeline your are correct in your stated prices.

Sponsored