Sponsored

How to lower a V6

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2015 V6 Manual (3.55 diff)
I'm sure you have all noticed how this car sits stock. The rear looks lower then the front. It has a reverse rake. I would rather the opposite, front lower then the back. I installed eibach prokit springs, hoping to fix this. The specs say 1.2 inch drop in the front and 1 inch drop in the rear. Perfect I thought. Nope. The car is lower for sure but still sits the same, front in the air. I went to check out the specs for eibach sportlines. 1.6 inch drop in the front with 1.25 inch in the back. Perfect. But wait... In small print it says 1 inch drop in front and 1.25 inch drop in rear on Ecoboost models. That's not good... All 6g mustangs use the same lowering spring part numbers but don't drop the same... Do our V6s drop like an Ecoboost with only 1 inch drop in the front, even with sportlines? I'm wondering if my prokits are doing the same as the sportlines on ecoboosts. Dropping less in the front. I emailed CJPP about this and they told me they had no measured drops for any springs on V6. So it's a guess whether your car will drop like a GT, like an Ecoboost, or somewhere in between. I was thinking about buying the sportlines and putting on just the springs in the front with my prokits in the back just to be sure of the front dropping more but I see 1 inch front drop specs on the sportlines on ecoboost makes me not sure... I don't want to have to put back oem springs in rear only, leaving my prokits in the front to get the right rake. You need lowering on all four corners to get rid of the fender gap...
mumu.jpg
Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
I like those wheels

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
Several of the springs have separate parts numbers for the GT and Ecoboost. The V6 is about the same weight as the Ecoboost so go with those if available. CJ Pony Parts has a front rake kit that uses Eibach Sportline fronts and Prokit rear.

SheStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Oxford White
What size tires do you have?

OP
OP
DJGold

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several of the springs have separate parts numbers for the GT and Ecoboost. The V6 is about the same weight as the Ecoboost so go with those if available. CJ Pony Parts has a front rake kit that uses Eibach Sportline fronts and Prokit rear.
I know, but that doesn't solve the problem. This kit will work for GTs but if you check carefully in the description either in the CJPP kit or Sportline it says 1 inch drop front and 1.25 inch rear for ecoboost. That won't give a proper rake on ecoboost (or V6).

I'm on 255/35/20 all around btw.

Sponsored

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
I think you are looking at the Sportline GT version. The V6/Ecoboost version 4.14735 says 1.5" Front and 1.3" Rear.
In your shoes I would just add some additional spring isolators in the back to raise it .25"-.50".

SheStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Oxford White
I thought in order to get that "raked" look, you would need the right drop of course and your rear tires would have to be larger than the fronts.

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
I thought in order to get that "raked" look, you would need the right drop of course and your rear tires would have to be larger than the fronts.
That was how it was done back in the muscle car era but you can't do that today with all the electronics using the wheel speed sensors.

SheStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Oxford White
This is what I mean, forum members car split drop with the raked look.
attachment-6.jpg

OP
OP
DJGold

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you are looking at the Sportline GT version. The V6/Ecoboost version 4.14735 says 1.5" Front and 1.3" Rear.
In your shoes I would just add some additional spring isolators in the back to raise it .25"-.50".
Thanks for pointing these out. Your idea is good for isolators but I want the front to go down, not jack up the rear.

spence52490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black V6 Auto
Subbed. I also hate how the front is higher. Never knew that was called a reverse rake.
Sponsored