Sponsored

How to change 18 GT Digital Cluster to Bullitt Style?

Vanyukchan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chester
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost&2018 GT pp1
I saw some people modify their 18 Digital Cluster
then the top speed has become 300km/h
and Splash screen changed to Bullitt style
how to did it?may be need bullitt firmware ?how to download it and upload to my stang?by forscan?
thanks a lot~~
Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It's not that easy, unfortunately. The IPC has the same firmware in both the Bullitt and the GT. I've checked this recently. So you can't do it at home with ForScan.
The difference is most probably in the EEPROM. And changing the EEPROM isn't for the faint of heart. I know there are some tuning companies in Germany that can do this.

OP
OP
Vanyukchan

Vanyukchan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chester
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost&2018 GT pp1
It's not that easy, unfortunately. The IPC has the same firmware in both the Bullitt and the GT. I've checked this recently. So you can't do it at home with ForScan.
The difference is most probably in the EEPROM. And changing the EEPROM isn't for the faint of heart. I know there are some tuning companies in Germany that can do this.
oh so sad to hear that....

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yeah, me too. I've done a bit of investigation recently because I had removed my speed limiter, and now I wanted to get the 300 km/h speedo to match.
I searched for VINs of European Bullitts, compared them with my GT, and found out that the software calibration numbers were the same. Also, the as-built configuration was the same (save for the country code, but that doesn't matter).
So, I turned to a friend of mine who's much more experienced in these things than I am, and asked him what he made of the software and hardware calibration numbers that I had found. Here's a straight translation of his reply:

"The software is identical (LR3T-14C026-JD vs. LR3T-14C026-JE).
The hardware is also identical (JR3T-14F094-JC vs. JR3T-14F094-JC).
LR3T-10849-PD vs. LR3T-10849-ME means that the EEPROM is programmed differently. To reprogram the EEPROM (risky, I don't recommend it) we need direct access to a donor car, because Ford doesn't publish EEPROM data.
The EEPROM holds various internal calibrations, but also the odometer."

Last edited:

Sponsored

leandrovitali

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leandro
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion 2013 Titanium AWD 2.0 Ecoboost
I saw some people modify their 18 Digital Cluster
then the top speed has become 300km/h
and Splash screen changed to Bullitt style
how to did it?may be need bullitt firmware ?how to download it and upload to my stang?by forscan?
thanks a lot~~

You need to change the EEPROM, in the Bullitt attachment in KM/H, transmission manual.

Attachments

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
You need to change the EEPROM, in the Bullitt attachment in KM/H, transmission manual.
Will this EEPROM also change the initial splash screen, when you turn on the car, and show a green Bullitt instead of the usual pony logo?
I'd like the 300 km/h speedo, but without any Bullitt hints.
Sponsored