Sponsored

How to advance to fm 2 on the steering wheel

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
Hi, I have a 2020 gt/ cs and I can’t seem to figure out how to use the arrow button forward and backwards to advance to fm2. The only way I get to fm2 and fm3 is by using the touch screen , but that cause me to look down while driving. On my Honda Accord I just have to keep hit the arrow button and it goes to the next fm2 and fm3 then it will loop back to fm1.
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You meant the 8" screen, right? The 12" one is the digital dash, but has nothing to do with the media/nav. I have both the 12" and 8", and there's no 'MODE' button that I know of. And yes, it's annoying having to click on the audio button at the bottom left, then look for 'SOURCE', then the source you want. The center button on the steerig wheel is typically for the 'mode', but on our cars is the mute one. And there's no mode hard key either.

If there's an easier way to switch sources, I'd like to know too :).

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
My car doesn't have an 'M', but a music symbol instead, which I thought was to recall sound settings (like the same symbol on the hard key on the dash). But will give it a try next time I use the car, and see what it does. If it's a media button, it wouldn't help you with radio stations anyway, since they're not media sources. You'd need a 'MODE' button for that, to cycle thru both radio and media sources.

OP
OP

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
so to get to fm2 you have to hit the music symbol? that sucks.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
The only steering wheel button I use is the Pony. I never clicked on the music Icon lol

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
AWESOME! Thanks brother. Now I don't have to touch (and clean) the damn screen for that :).

The only steering wheel button I use is the Pony. I never clicked on the music Icon lol
Same here. Learned something new (that I should have known) today :).

Hey, can you go back to the gauges with the back button? If I have to click on the damn pony button and thru the menus to go back to the gauges, like you have to do when looking at the trip and tire pressure info (that's why I rarely use it), I'd be pissed. Ha ha. And would probably just keep using the screen.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Awesome. Will probably use the car later today, and will give it a try. Thanks for your help. Have a happy TG :).
Sponsored