Sponsored

Hood Release Handle

bmarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Shelby GT350
Sorry for such a dumb question but working in a small, dark garage, trying to start doing the wiring for my diff temp gauge, got the lower door panel off, got the center cover off the hood release handle, see two small tabs along the outside of the center shaft that appear to hold the handle in place. Have been trying to compress these two tabs toward the center, thinking that would release the handle but only one seems to move in and the handle is stubbornly held fast. Is my approach incorrect ? The tabs look pretty flimsy, do not want to break them.
Sponsored

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Sorry for such a dumb question but working in a small, dark garage, trying to start doing the wiring for my diff temp gauge, got the lower door panel off, got the center cover off the hood release handle, see two small tabs along the outside of the center shaft that appear to hold the handle in place. Have been trying to compress these two tabs toward the center, thinking that would release the handle but only one seems to move in and the handle is stubbornly held fast. Is my approach incorrect ? The tabs look pretty flimsy, do not want to break them.
I believe a 10mm thin walled socket will do the trick. Just push it in and that will release the tabs.

OP
OP

bmarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Shelby GT350
Thanks for the quick help, took 4 different 10 mm sockets but it finally came off. Thanks again.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Thanks for the quick help, took 4 different 10 mm sockets but it finally came off. Thanks again.
You are welcome. I had to go through a couple of 10mm as well before I found one that worked as well.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
That's a great trick to use a socket. I used two small to medium sized screwdrivers at the same time and it worked alright to compress each tab at the same time, but a socket probably would have been easier.

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4