Sponsored

Hood extractor delete/cover

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Any products out there to delete the heat extractors from the hood....a flat panel to put in place of the OE extractors?
Sponsored

Brick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang
I have not seen anything, I know there are plenty of V6 and Ecoboost owners that would probably trade hoods with you. You might want to reach out to people in your area.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I have not seen anything, I know there are plenty of V6 and Ecoboost owners that would probably trade hoods with you. You might want to reach out to people in your area.
Not necessarily. I posted offers on all the Mustang forums to swap hood (and grill) and got no bites. A plain plug/cover wouldn't help me since I don't want any seams.

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
Not necessarily. I posted offers on all the Mustang forums to swap hood (and grill) and got no bites. A plain plug/cover wouldn't help me since I don't want any seams.
They only way to get no seams is a new hood. Just go to your local Ford dealer and get a quote on a hood for a v6.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
They only way to get no seams is a new hood. Just go to your local Ford dealer and get a quote on a hood for a v6.
Maybe you missed the trade part. I doubt a dealer will trade me a painted vent-less hood for my hood.

Sponsored

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Maybe you missed the trade part. I doubt a dealer will trade me a painted vent-less hood for my hood.
I would totally trade you for your GT hood! What color?

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
Sorry I missed that you were not the OP.

OP
OP

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I assumed that with some of the replacement extractors out there that perhaps there'd be a flat delete set some where without trading hoods.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I would totally trade you for your GT hood! What color?
Oxford White. But I don't hate extractors enough to drive to L.A. for a swap even if yours is OW too.

What's hard is making contact with someone nearby with the same color and condition. Like someone said, there are probably people who would do the swap, but what are the odds they see an ad in a forum.

I'm doing stripes in the next month or so; would have to find someone before then.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Oxford White. But I don't hate extractors enough to drive to L.A. for a swap even if yours is OW too.

What's hard is making contact with someone nearby with the same color and condition. Like someone said, there are probably people who would do the swap, but what are the odds they see an ad in a forum.

I'm doing stripes in the next month or so; would have to find someone before then.
Can I ask, what makes you not want them? You are literally the only person I have seen or heard that wants to swap the other way lol

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Can I ask, what makes you not want them? You are literally the only person I have seen or heard that wants to swap the other way lol
Reason 1: They don't look good because they clutter the design and have seams around them.

Reason 2: For 2016 they include turn-signal indicators that are a painful reminder of an unbelievable engineering screw-up in that that the passenger side one isn't even visible to the driver.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
L
O
L

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
True statement about the design flaw. On my recently sold 68 Mustang you were able to see both turn signal markers from the driver seat.

I hope you find a hood without the extractors. I imagine someone's out there that would trade you. I also understand your want to have a hood without them. I will say that my hood does flex a bit above 60mph. That may be something the extractors help get rid of.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Just go to the for sale section. And at the bottom they have an items for trade sub header. It'll take less than a month to find someone in your area willing to trade EB/V6 hoods for your GT hood. I wanted chrome tails from the 50th. So that's what I did.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
True statement about the design flaw. On my recently sold 68 Mustang you were able to see both turn signal markers from the driver seat..
I was afraid to complain about not seeing the passenger side on my 2016 because the GM dealers I've used would have taken a sledgehammer to the high points in the hood that blocked the view. Not ready to trust Ford dealers yet. ;)
Sponsored