Hi folks new UK member

Stanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow edition Grabber Blue
Hi everyone I recently purchased a Grabber Blue Shadow edition and love it to bits.

Has exceeded my expectations!

Marzman introduced me to the forum we are both ex 350z boys!

I have been reading up on a few things not least the annoying lack of spare wheel situation for 5 litre models.

I can't justify the extortionate cost from the States or Aus but Italy might have the answer WMR wheels.

Has anybody else come across them?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sp151851...-Car-Jack-Key-x-Ford-Mustang-Gt-/173859559287

Ironically same one cheaper on Amazon?

Stan
Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I can't justify the extortionate cost from the States or Aus but Italy might have the answer WMR wheels.
Has anybody else come across them?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sp151851...-Car-Jack-Key-x-Ford-Mustang-Gt-/173859559287
Ironically same one cheaper on Amazon?
Stan
Welcome, and congrats on the car :like:

Looking at the listing for the spare it seems to mention two different sizes of tyre. If the 125/70r18 then it would be 2" smaller in diameter than the stock fronts and nearly 3" smaller than the rear. The 185/85r18 (i'd assume this is a mistake) would be over 3" larger diameter than the stock wheels. That's before you consider if they would clear the brakes. Also, they seem to be suggesting it would be over £200 to ship from Italy to the UK which would put it on a par with the spare Nemesis sells that we know fits. That's just my fag-packet calculations but think they're correct.

OP
OP
Stanski

Stanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
Welcome! Im an ex 350z member myself!
Hi mate thanks, yet another zedder haha we need to start an ex zedders club in the Mustang club.

OP
OP
Stanski

Stanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
Welcome, and congrats on the car :like:

Looking at the listing for the spare it seems to mention two different sizes of tyre. If the 125/70r18 then it would be 2" smaller in diameter than the stock fronts and nearly 3" smaller than the rear. The 185/85r18 (i'd assume this is a mistake) would be over 3" larger diameter than the stock wheels. That's before you consider if they would clear the brakes. Also, they seem to be suggesting it would be over £200 to ship from Italy to the UK which would put it on a par with the spare Nemesis sells that we know fits. That's just my fag-packet calculations but think they're correct.
Hi Steve I have no idea I sent them an email asking specifically to confirm it will fit my car! Lets see what they say, if they bother to reply?

Re cost if you just search for spare wheel ford Mustang gt on amazon the same one is there but only £11 postage! So about £259 for wheel only but if you go on fleabay its £18 for scissor jack and extending wheel brace bar with sockets. Bargain!

Still annoyed all other spare wheels are about £50 ! Got to be someone able to cross ref this? Surely there is a big enough market for these even for a one off run?

3d printer anyone....

Sponsored

OP
OP
Stanski

Stanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
They replied - the wheel they advertise for a ford Mustang GT is not compatible for a Ford Mustang GT.

Oh well back to the drawing board.....

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Still annoyed all other spare wheels are about £50 ! Got to be someone able to cross ref this? Surely there is a big enough market for these even for a one off run?
It seems we're a captive market :facepalm:

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Cheaper option is to just sling a full sized spare in the boot, yes it takes up a lot of room but better than having no spare at all.

GT101 usually have spare wheels and tyres for sale for about £150 on their website.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Cheaper option is to just sling a full sized spare in the boot, yes it takes up a lot of room but better than having no spare at all.

GT101 usually have spare wheels and tyres for sale for about £150 on their website.
Did we ever come up with an answer as to whether it should be a front or a rear, to fit either?

Lowrider Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang - Shadow Edition, Triple Yellow '72 Lincoln - Lowrider '72 Gran Torino Sport '79 Firebird
Hi Stan, welcome to the 6G forum. Hope you're enjoining the Shadow Edition, I've got a Triple Yellow Shadow. Remember, post some pics up. :handshake:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Stanski

Stanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)

I was looking at that or even some aftermarket narrower wheels but I really need the boot space as is?

If I buy a cheapo alloy hacksaw the back off a few inches! Sorted.

OP
OP
Stanski

Stanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
Hi Stan, welcome to the 6G forum. Hope you're enjoining the Shadow Edition, I've got a Triple Yellow Shadow. Remember, post some pics up. :handshake:
Thanks for the welcome . A tripple yellow easy to find at night then?

These are one of the few cars that show off bright colours well. I am worried mine will be mistaken for landing lights one night and a bleeding plane will land on the drive.

I will post some pics up shortly.

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Did we ever come up with an answer as to whether it should be a front or a rear, to fit either?
Not sure, I ended up with a rear wheel with a front tyre fitted (255 profile) best of both worlds :)