Sponsored

Help! Rear running light now working!

DSteill72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Performance Pack - Deep Impact Blue
Hi all!

Hoping that someone can help me with some ideas on what my issue could be.

Drivers side, rear tail light : running lights are not working. Lights up when brake is applied and turn signal works just fine. All other lights on the car seem to be functioning as normal.

It is just the running light.

I pulled out the trunk guts to get to the module and it seems fine.

Figure it could be a fuse? The fuse descriptions in the manual are not that great for rear lighting.

Really appreciate your help!
Sponsored

OP
OP
DSteill72

DSteill72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Performance Pack - Deep Impact Blue
Hah - completely agree. Was going to make an appointment for Monday.

However, it is fixed now. Didn't take long, think I got lucky. Disconnected and then reconnected the battery, and now it is working again. Not sure the logic as to why....but figured I would try it since it was bugging me.

So maybe this will help someone out if they have a similar issue. Will keep an eye on it, and will for sure take it in if needed.

Thanks!

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Hah - completely agree. Was going to make an appointment for Monday.

However, it is fixed now. Didn't take long, think I got lucky. Disconnected and then reconnected the battery, and now it is working again. Not sure the logic as to why....but figured I would try it since it was bugging me.

So maybe this will help someone out if they have a similar issue. Will keep an eye on it, and will for sure take it in if needed.

Thanks!
Could be because Ford is using CAN-BUS to drive everything on the cars now and the battery disconnect is like rebooting your computer. I know the HID headlights on my Focus ST were run by CAN-BUS so I'd put money on the LED tails on the Mustang being on CAN-BUS as well to control the sequential turns.
Sponsored