Sariandan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EcoBoost
@LevittownFordParts

I need some help identifying a part. I THINK it might be number 19 in this illustration, found HERE. However, 19 isn't in the listed details on that page.

IMG_4459.JPG

I removed the reflectors on the rear diffuser and installed LED lights in their place. When done, two sets of the above picture were on the sheet under the car. One was under the driver's side rear, and one was in the middle. They are not noted in the instructions for installing the lights. And the active exhaust components are in the way when working to remove the reflectors. This makes me wonder if they have something to do with the active exhaust. However, my active exhaust is working fine.

Any idea what this is? I'd appreciate any help. I don't want my muffler bearings to fall out while driving down the road, you know?
Sponsored

LevittownFordParts

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benny
Vehicle(s)
S550's!
Hey Kevin,
Im kinda stumped on this one. I think #19 your referring to is the spring for active exhaust which in real life looks like this pictured below

1673831849577.png

There are no components on the actuator that look like that either. The only thing I cannot see is what the mechanics of the inside of the muffler look like but if this came out of the exhaust I doubt it would be sitting up inside the bumper/valance.

I hear ya on the muffler bearings! What was the last project you used that sheet for? 🤔

-Benny