Sponsored

Heads Up Shift Light in My Dash?

KCStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT 6 Speed Premium
Okay, first post super pumped to have joined the club.

Okay, when I start up my 2015 Mustang GT Premium 6 Speed. Normal start up lights in the dash flash, as well as a Red LED HUD display style shift light into my front window. WTF IS THIS? How do I interact with it, is it programmable?

I have google searched EVERYWHERE, read my owners manual front to back, I am starting to feel crazy because nothing indicates that this is in the car.

Am I crazy and just imagining a HUD shift light on my front window?

Everything I find mentions that this is a feature in the GT350, but I obviously do not have one of those.

I went through all my dash module, track options, settings and can find NOTHING about the tach.

Please help me feel sane, if anyone doesnt believe me a I can snap a 10 second startup video. :headbonk:
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
It's your collision warning light that comes with adaptive cruise control.
This light will flash if the car thinks you are going to rear end someone.
It does not work like a shift light. The tachometer actually turns red when engine hits red line.
[ame]

OP
OP

KCStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT 6 Speed Premium
Sadness envelopes me.......

Someone should come up with an aftermarket one that goes in that space and mimics the gt350 hud shift light.

Tyler

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
Sadness envelopes me.......

Someone should come up with an aftermarket one that goes in that space and mimics the gt350 hud shift light.

Tyler
I just picked up a MSD 8963 programmable shift light that utilizes an inductive pick up so no splicing is required. I will add a user friendly connector and mount the light to a suction cup for the glass to obtain the stock look when not at the track. Once Im done ill post something in the DYI forum.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Okay, first post super pumped to have joined the club.

Okay, when I start up my 2015 Mustang GT Premium 6 Speed. Normal start up lights in the dash flash, as well as a Red LED HUD display style shift light into my front window. WTF IS THIS? How do I interact with it, is it programmable?

I have google searched EVERYWHERE, read my owners manual front to back, I am starting to feel crazy because nothing indicates that this is in the car.

Am I crazy and just imagining a HUD shift light on my front window?

Everything I find mentions that this is a feature in the GT350, but I obviously do not have one of those.

I went through all my dash module, track options, settings and can find NOTHING about the tach.

Please help me feel sane, if anyone doesnt believe me a I can snap a 10 second startup video. :headbonk:
Me thinks you need to read your manual again, i take it you knew that you was buying the ACC?

If the system determines that its maximum braking level will not be sufficient, an audible warning sounds when the system continues to brake. A red warning bar displays on the windshield and you must take immediate action.
http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...G1639047&topicHRef=G1663283&viewTech=IE&div=f