Sponsored

Have Waited All Summer For This GT350 Shelby

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Started collecting vintage porcelain signs for the garage with many relating to the cars & products of the muscle car era. At the time of purchase felt very fortunate to have landed this particular sign as it was the only one that I have ever seen. Found it on the web & also still for sale on eBay. Negotiated the terms & bought it from the seller in Frankfurt, Germany. Well I was really anticipating the delivery of the sign & wanted to make something a little special for it. Used a heavy cutting disk blade that had recently been replaced on a piece of our farm machinery & some # 60 roller chain also replaced on the combine. Here's some pictures of the process & it came out pretty nice.

Well days turned into
IMG_0532.jpg
IMG_0533.jpg
IMG_0535.jpg
IMG_0536.jpg
IMG_0536.jpg
IMG_0537.jpg
IMG_0534.jpg
weeks & weeks into months & the emails between the seller & myself were many! The shipping companies have at times are backed up tremendously & shipping gets WAY behind. The seller refunded the $$$ & I pretty much was bummed out & figured that it would never get here. Well had a pleasant surprise yesterday & wanted to share with the 350 crowd the results.

During the summer as I had given up on ever getting the 350 sign I started looking for a company that could possibly make a similar sign. Have not contacted a certain company just yet but have a feel that they have the capabilities of making a quality product. Thought I'd throw this out here if anyone had an interest obtaining a sign like ours.
Sponsored