Guard5.0 Project

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
Picked up 2015 Guard PP with 50 years package in mid January. Initially ordered headliner warning label covers, Weathertec mats, and a 50 years car cover while I contemplated which direction to go with other modifications. Here is the order list of parts finalized and purchased this week.
Roush SC kit (will initially use their CAI and stage 1 tune)
Steeda stage 1 kit (springs, front and rear stabilizer)
Steeda Gtrac brace (Extra stiffening since K brace gets hacked)
Full ARH exhaust (off road 1 7/8 LT headers with H pipe to American Thunder mufflers)
Car will spend a week at Brenspeed in northern Indiana for mods, tune, and dyno work.

Still trying to decide on wheels and tires, will keep the 19" size and hope to go 295/305 in the rear and 275/285 in the front but choosing wheels is the toughest thing I've had to do yet.
photo 1.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Almost forgot, 15% tint!

OP
OP

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Me too! I've heard rumors it may be discontinued which is fine by me.

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Picked up 2015 Guard PP with 50 years package in mid January. Initially ordered headliner warning label covers, Weathertec mats, and a 50 years car cover while I contemplated which direction to go with other modifications. Here is the order list of parts finalized and purchased this week.
Roush SC kit (will initially use their CAI and stage 1 tune)
Steeda stage 1 kit (springs, front and rear stabilizer)
Steeda Gtrac brace (Extra stiffening since K brace gets hacked)
Full ARH exhaust (off road 1 7/8 LT headers with H pipe to American Thunder mufflers)
Car will spend a week at Brenspeed in northern Indiana for mods, tune, and dyno work.

Still trying to decide on wheels and tires, will keep the 19" size and hope to go 295/305 in the rear and 275/285 in the front but choosing wheels is the toughest thing I've had to do yet.
Beautiful car! Nice stance btw :thumbsup:

Sponsored

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
You won't regret using Brenspeed for your work or Steeda for your suspension and I'm sure the Roush blower will be awesome power adder to go with the suspension. I took my 11' to them with about 300 miles on it and was glad to have someone else take it all apart and put it back together. It was 2 long days but the results were totally freaking awesome. I've had no squeaks or odd sounds in the last 4 years of driving the crap out of it at the track and drag strip.

OP
OP

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
David, springs not on yet, but thanks anyway. I guess my track brace is on backorder, any idea when these will ship? If the weather clears I'm taking it up next Saturday.
Good word on the Brenspeed Wproctor411. A friend here in southern Indiana has a wicked Super Snake and a Raptor that those guys have done considerable work on and it was all top notch. And as much as I like to tinker with stuff I agree, let someone who does it everyday do it. Nice ET's by the way!

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
David, springs not on yet, but thanks anyway. I guess my track brace is on backorder, any idea when these will ship? If the weather clears I'm taking it up next Saturday.
Good word on the Brenspeed Wproctor411. A friend here in southern Indiana has a wicked Super Snake and a Raptor that those guys have done considerable work on and it was all top notch. And as much as I like to tinker with stuff I agree, let someone who does it everyday do it. Nice ET's by the way!
Haha nice! Can you pm me your order info so I can look into that for you?

OP
OP

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Also looking real hard at either bronze or bronze burst Velgens or Forgestar wheels. I'm thinking the bronze will look good with the Guard and am just waiting for someone to tell me I'm crazy so I can go back to perusing gunmetal and black wheels. I don't want them to overpower the lines of the car but I'm thinking the bronze and green might be the ticket.

OP
OP

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
David, PM sent.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
It's official. Car being delivered to Brenspeed this Saturday. Also ordered F-14's 19x9.5 and 19x11 with 275 and 295 Michelin Pilot SS but won't see those for 4 more weeks.

OP
OP

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
ARH system went on first. Bone stock car made 371 RWHP, exhaust only was 400 RWHP. SC tomorrow and Steeda stuff (springs, stabilizer bars, Gtrac brace, transmission bushing) Thursday. Will have better video of final dyno run with hopefully better sound for those who are interested in the full ARH system.

[ame]

OP
OP

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Phase 1 is done. Steeda stage 1 suspension. Haven't driven much but I love he initial feel. Car just feels more balanced and responsive, oh, and it looks better also. Still waiting on my Gtrac brace from Steeda and I just got the Steeda trans mount brace Friday.

ARH exhaust. Very rowdy and I love the sound. No drone at this point. Shame it's hidden, the workmanship is top notch.

Roush SC - According to the dyno I picked up 30RWHP from the exhaust and only 135RWHP from the SC because final numbers are 535 RWHP and 460 RWTQ. Considerable difference over stock but obviously a very conservative tune.

So far so good.
photo 3.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 1 (2).JPG

P51Guy

P51Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premiun GT Guard PP
Looking good Steve. I see the snow is melting there too.

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Phase 1 is done. Steeda stage 1 suspension. Haven't driven much but I love he initial feel. Car just feels more balanced and responsive, oh, and it looks better also. Still waiting on my Gtrac brace from Steeda and I just got the Steeda trans mount brace Friday.

ARH exhaust. Very rowdy and I love the sound. No drone at this point. Shame it's hidden, the workmanship is top notch.

Roush SC - According to the dyno I picked up 30RWHP from the exhaust and only 135RWHP from the SC because final numbers are 535 RWHP and 460 RWTQ. Considerable difference over stock but obviously a very conservative tune.

So far so good.

Impressive! And glad you like the suspension goodies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored