Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
2015 Ecoboost Premium w/Performance Pack in DIB
Two-stage polish
Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light + EXO v4
Black trim coated in CQuartz DLux

I found this coating significantly more difficult to apply than my last coating, Optimum Gloss-coat. First, there's the fact that you have two coatings to apply, so it's automatically more work. Second, it has a nasty habit of looking like it's properly leveled when it isn't. Third, even though the directions say you don't need to buff hard, you need to buff hard.

On the second point, there were three places where I had to polish the coating off to correct a hardened high spot that only showed up after some time had passed. It polishes off easily enough, but it's just more work. I found this was addressed by the third point - buffing on the leveling step much harder.

It got drizzled on once so far. There were water spots visible when I washing it, but they disappeared as they dried. So far I'm pretty happy with the outcome, but I will not make up my mind until I see if this actually outlasts the Optimum and better protects against swirling. View attachment 471162 View attachment 471163 View attachment 471164
DSC_6802_w - Copy.jpg
DSC_6804_w - Copy.jpg
DSC_6807_w - Copy.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0