monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Hi guys,
Anyone else installed the GT500 wing and Gurney flap on there stang? Any issues w automated carwashes damaging the gurney flap? Just wanted to make sure before I run stang through a carwash.

Thanks Anthony
Sponsored

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
Hi guys,
Anyone else installed the GT500 wing and Gurney flap on there stang? Any issues w automated carwashes damaging the gurney flap? Just wanted to make sure before I run stang through a carwash.

Thanks Anthony
Blasphemy! All kidding aside I don’t think you will find many here that will even admit to running theirs through any type of automated car wash, with or without the GT500 wing.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
With the stripes, PPF and GT500 spoiler with gurney flap installed you sort of accept your fate to grab a beer and wash the car once a week by hand.

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
Car washes are for those who really feel their car needs punishing for it’s latest misdemeanour.

Sponsored

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Or use the self wash stations at a car wash to do a quick wash off.
I don't have any here, and dont have the time between job, kids and wife, family. Its easier for me to run it through the car wash.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Car washes are for those who really feel their car needs punishing for it’s latest misdemeanour.

Naghhhhhhhh!!! lol People who just dont have time, like me hahaha

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Blasphemy! All kidding aside I don’t think you will find many here that will even admit to running theirs through any type of automated car wash, with or without the GT500 wing.
i do, weekly. stang is ceramic coated and for what they are worth, they do a good job. I never utilized car washes in my life until recently, sadly. Thanks for reply.

Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I don't have any here, and dont have the time between job, kids and wife, family. Its easier for me to run it through the car wash.
Lots of people here have a job, kids and wife, family. I don’t think anyone here uses an automatic car wash.

If you don’t care and want to use one, more power to you and I’m sure you’ll be fine for a while at least, I can’t imagine a car wash flap is more pressure than 150mph wind…

Magnetic Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I've had the FP Swing and Gurney flap for a year now. The Gurney flap is rock solid. I wouldn't think a car wash would damage it but I'm sure it would show scratches from it after awhile. I'm just guessing though because I've never put my car though and automatic car wash that wasn't touchless.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Lots of people here have a job, kids and wife, family. I don’t think anyone here uses an automatic car wash.

If you don’t care and want to use one, more power to you and I’m sure you’ll be fine for a while at least, I can’t imagine a car wash flap is more pressure than 150mph wind…
I just really don't care, washing my own car is not high on my priority list..
But thanks for reply.
Anthony

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
i do, weekly. stang is ceramic coated and for what they are worth, they do a good job. I never utilized car washes in my life until recently, sadly. Thanks for reply.
I just really don't care, washing my own car is not high on my priority list..
But thanks for reply.
Anthony
These are the types of replies I expected. I put my 19 through the automatic car wash and I plan on putting my 23 through also. There are far more important things to obsess about than a piece of metal. I do my own paint corrections when needed and my own ceramic. Spend the time with your family, they will provide a far better return on your investment than any auto.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
These are the types of replies I expected. I put my 19 through the automatic car wash and I plan on putting my 23 through also. There are far more important things to obsess about than a piece of metal. I do my own paint corrections when needed and my own ceramic. Spend the time with your family, they will provide a far better return on your investment than any auto.
1000%, AMEN...
Its funny because in the thread i didn't ask for opinions on ways of washing the car. I only asked would an automated car wash damage the gurney flap...........
Sponsored