Sponsored

GT500 vs SOLO Mach exhaust system

magnetic16gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT
I hate to add to the exhaust threads, but...

I purchased a pair of GT500 mufflers to put on my '16. I had this set up on my '14 and absolutely loved it. After reading some threads here on others that had shops fab the GT500's to fit, I decided to pull the trigger. I have been to 4 shops now, and none of them will touch it or are quoting 5+ hours of labor. I'm debating if it's worth continuing my search of a competent shop or if I should just try something new and get the Solo Performance Mach cat-back. Has anyone heard both in person? The Solo products seem to be high quality and I read all 70+ pages on their thread on this forum and heard nothing but positive things, but I'm curious how the sound stacks up against the GT500 axle-back. I like the low key deep rumble of the Shelby's and I drive 15000 miles a year, so reasonable noise was a big factor on my '14. Any thoughts between the two?
Sponsored

cobra199711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 A10 GT
Wow they are crazy... The shop here charged 100.00 it took them a little over an hour.

OP
OP

magnetic16gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT
Wow they are crazy... The shop here charged 100.00 it took them a little over an hour.
Yeah, motor city...:shrug: The more I hear the Solo systems, the more I like them. Might just try something different for this car...

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo
Tough decision. I have GT500 mufflers. Took amybe 2-3 hours but that included welding in an H pipe. Solo sounds nice with the different levels. I did the GT500 mufflers because of the lower cost since catbacks don't add much power for the money and exhaust mods are mostly for sound. But if I was going to spend money on a 3 inch catback, I'd want a full 3 inch, no neck downs, and full 304 stainless steel. The Solos are 409SS and neck down at the connection point. If you wanted to go 3 inch you'd have to do some alterations.
Sponsored