Sponsored

Cobb Stage 2 Tune Ignition Correction Question

TaysonGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Hey y'all, I finally got myself an AP after owning my ecoboost for a year. I have a Roush CAI, a CVF Street Intercooler, 1 step colder plugs, and a Roush Axle Back and am running stage 2 91 octane. I monitored my ignition correction max on my way home from work and my max was 13.68 and minimum was 0.00. I have 91 octane gas (highest i can get) but add octane booster to it. With my ignition correction being that positive and not going below 0, would I be safe to run the 93 octane tune?
Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
No. Also, there are a couple of different knock parameters on the AP, I think you're looking at the wrong one. 'Ign Corr Cylinders 1-4' are the one's to monitor. The one you're looking at, someone correct me if I'm wrong, is the cumulative knock count for all cylinders combined. The number will never be negative and it will never tell you much of anything. Once you begin monitoring the cylinders, you will 100% see significant negative corrections on crappy 91 fuel and the Cobb canned tune, so that should change you're mind about wanting to run a map for the wrong fuel. Do that and you'll run a super high risk of detonation.

OP
OP

TaysonGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
No. Also, there are a couple of different knock parameters on the AP, I think you're looking at the wrong one. 'Ign Corr Cylinders 1-4' are the one's to monitor. The one you're looking at, someone correct me if I'm wrong, is the cumulative knock count for all cylinders combined. The number will never be negative and it will never tell you much of anything. Once you begin monitoring the cylinders, you will 100% see significant negative corrections on crappy 91 fuel and the Cobb canned tune, so that should change you're mind about wanting to run a map for the wrong fuel. Do that and you'll run a super high risk of detonation.
You're right, I was monitoring cumulative knock count. I wondered why the hell it was so high. Thank you for the response.
Sponsored