Sponsored

GT350R: height from ground to bottom of door?

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
Would any of you kind people be able to tell me the measurement from the ground to the bottom of the driver door at its lowest point?

......assessing trailer options for transport of incoming R. Thanks!!
Sponsored

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
Just measured mine looks like just shy of 5" so plan for 4.5" to give some room. That is from the ground to the lowest underside of the side molding under driver's door. Seems to match up with the exhaust height also. I have my Signature wheels on but they are R spec with PS4 tires not the CF wheels with Cup2s.

I also have stock springs, the FP springs would lower it further also.

ATB042

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda S2000, GT350R KR717
5.25"of ride height, 4.5" of front splitter height, 9" from bottom of driver door to ground.

This is a 2020 R, all stock

I had mine shipped and I had the dealer do everything for delivery except remove shipping blocks and install the front splitter.

OP
OP
anacar312

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
5.25"of ride height, 4.5" of front splitter height, 9" from bottom of driver door to ground.

This is a 2020 R, all stock

I had mine shipped and I had the dealer do everything for delivery except remove shipping blocks and install the front splitter.
I just can't seem to get over the hump of having shipped. I really want to see and inspect the car before taking delivery. So, did you have an inspection done at the dealer before the car was loaded? or just trusted the driver to inspect before loading?

Thank you in advance.

ATB042

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda S2000, GT350R KR717
Probably a member near your dealer somewhere...

Have to trust your salesperson. A good shipper will take pictures and document ANY blemishes before they take 'ownership' of your car. They know anything on it when it gets there that they haven't documented is on them.

Sponsored

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
I would advise you to have the car inspected by someone you trust or inspect the vehicle yourself. My 2020R model arrived and had a fender issue with alignment to the front bumper. Also possible damage to the carbon fiber wheel.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I would advise you to have the car inspected by someone you trust or inspect the vehicle yourself. My 2020R model arrived and had a fender issue with alignment to the front bumper. Also possible damage to the carbon fiber wheel.
What damage to the wheel?

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
Where is the R located? I'm sure someone on this forum, if they are close, would give it a look over for ya.

Sponsored

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
Are they replacing the wheel for you?
As far as I know yes they have a case opened with Ford. The dealership is saying that whatever that was they were able to get off the rim. I go on Friday to inspect to see.

OP
OP
anacar312

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
Where is the R located? I'm sure someone on this forum, if they are close, would give it a look over for ya.
Will be picked up from the Souther US.

Last edited:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I just can't seem to get over the hump of having shipped. I really want to see and inspect the car before taking delivery. So, did you have an inspection done at the dealer before the car was loaded? or just trusted the driver to inspect before loading?

Thank you in advance.
With all due respect I suggest that you should already know the right answer to your question. :sunglasses:

OP
OP
anacar312

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
With all due respect I suggest that you should already know the right answer to your question. :sunglasses:
yes, yes I do. I'm going to go pick up the car myself. Can't believe I may buy a trailer for the pleasure but hey... it's all about those smiles per mile one I get behind the wheel!
Sponsored